Kinikini Tours

porky113

I emailed them at info@kinikini.com

The thing is that they have a spam blocker. You will receive an email back from them "Your email requires verification verify# xxxx".

Fortunately I went into my "junk mail" folder and found that reply email. Anyway, after finding it, the reply states,

"The message you sent requires that you verify that you are a real live human being and not a spam source.

To complete this verification, simply reply to this message and leave the subject line intact."

After replying as stated, I received a second email stating,

"This message is to notify you that your verification was received, and your email address was successfully white listed.

All pending messages from your address have been delivered to

No action is needed on your part."

Michael Kays according to their website their tours generally run 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. I would email them and see if they would be able to work around your hours in port.

I received info that these emails both work:

info@kinikini.com and christinearends@kinikini.com

Their phone numbers are:

Tel: (297) 588-3333

Tel: (297) 587-9088

Fax: (297) 583-3633

Thank you... that last email worked! Yay!!! Does anyone know if they pick you up at the ship or if I have to find my own transport??

They should, I know they picked us up at our hotel and we rode and picked up another couple at a separate hotel who were going on a jeep tour.

Thanks for all the info on the natural pool. Could you answer some questions for me?

Could you explain a little more about the ride down to the pool? Is it steep?

Exactly how bumpy is the dirt part going to the pool? We have a couple of people who have back problems, so would it be bad for them?

Would 4x4 or ATV be an easier ride?

Would you recommend shorts or long pants for ATV's?

Thanks for all the info on the natural pool. Could you answer some questions for me?

Could you explain a little more about the ride down to the pool? Is it steep?

Exactly how bumpy is the dirt part going to the pool? We have a couple of people who have back problems, so would it be bad for them?

Would 4x4 or ATV be an easier ride?

Would you recommend shorts or long pants for ATV's?

From my review:

"I do have to say after visiting the Natural Pool twice previously by 4 x 4, getting there by ATV, was by far the easiest and quickest way in which to get there once we were "off road". It was still a little "hairy", as it was in a 4 x 4, but by following our guide Ray, we knew exactly where on the path to follow. I might add I was grateful the brakes worked! Never once did I fear for my life though. Imo it is more dangerous swimming in the Natural Pool than getting there via ATV. "

Imo, easier to get to the Natural Pool via ATV, but yes it is steep. Via ATV is easier and quicker than 4 x 4. If you go slow enough, thus my reference to the breaks, it is much easier on the bumps. Suffering back problems through the years and thus speaking from experience (as I sit at the moment on a heating pad) due to heavy lifting yesterday, I have to say that the ATV ride did not affect my back whatsoever.

Long pants vs. short pants is personal preference and both have advantages and disadvantages. The 3 of us wore shorts. Though we had thoroughly applied sunscreen prior to the ride, dd received some sunburn on the tops of her thighs. The long pants will protect you from the sun but you will be much hotter than if you wore shorts. Then their is the issue of getting the dust out of your pants or shorts. Either way do not wear "good" clothes or shoes.

ArubaLisa,

I trying to decide on which excursion to book. I had pretty much eliminated the ATV's until reading this blog and now it's back in. It had been a toss up between horseback riding and renting a Harley. I know you've posted that you haven't taken the Harley tour, but which would you recommend over the other, the ATV's or the horseback riding tour through Rancho La Ponderosa?

Thanks!

Kerry

You will see much more on the ATV tour, at $65 for 4 hours

Sites to be visited

- California Lighthouse

- Wish Garden

- Alto Vista Chapel

- Bushiribana Ruins

- Natural Bridge

- Natural Pool

- Ayo Rock Formations

Vs. the $75 for a 2 hours and 45 Min ride by horse.

ATV tour it is much more bang for your buck.

Like I said in my review, we omitted the stop at the Ayo rock formations in order to spend more time at the Natural Pool.

ok i did both emails i still can't get thru .. i even tried to email from work and to no avail i can't seem to get thru i thought i booked with them .. but nope nothing was billed to my credit card so i guess i have to wiat till i arrive in 5days! i will have to let them know the problems we are having just to get thru to them. aww well thanks Lisa as always...

ok Lisa i saw that you posted the phone numbers im going to try them this weekend.. thank you so much i was wondering do you know anything about Rancho Daimari.. they got good reviews thru trip advisor so i was wondering if you ever used them or know anything that maybe im missing..again thank you... Eliza

Eliza, I do not know anything about Rancho Daimari, except to say this from my June trip report:

"I would steer away from Rancho Daimari. We had an unfortunate experience with them in that they represented themselves as another company [Kini Kini] who we were already booked with. No wonder the driver was rushing us to get to the waiting van. He wanted us to get in "his" van before our operator's van showed up. We later found out it is a common practice for Daimari to see tourists at resort lobbies waiting for pick ups and they try to grab them for their tours instead. Shame on them! :mad: "

Ray, from Kini Kini was actually already there patiently waiting for us sitting on the bench. His van was blocked by Daimari's so we did not know that he had already arrived.

Regarding horseback riding, I posted this towards the beginning of the month here on another thread:

I have a friend who is a long time visitor of Aruba as well as experienced rider and she rides with http://www.rancholaponderosaaruba.com/ at least once or twice each visit to Aruba.

FWIW, my daughter and 2 nieces rode with http://www.ranchonotorious.com/ last December (before I knew about Rancho La Ponderosa) and had no problems whatsoever. Rancho del Campo has had some reports of extremely emaciated horses. As my friend explained to me "all of the horses in aruba are thinner than the ones you see here in the usa. the horses eat about half of what a usa resident horse would eat due to their appetitie being smaller due to their breed and the heat." She noted that riders must know the difference between a thin horse and an emaciated one and that La Pondersa and Notorious feed their horses the same regimine.

I went on their website and it says if riding double, they recommend the passenger be a child. One of my sons is 16 and does not have a driver's license so he would not be able to drive. He's 6'2" and I'm wondering if they recommend it be a child just for comfort or are there other safety reasons? Do you think he would be too uncomfortable as a passenger?

I went on their website and it says if riding double, they recommend the passenger be a child. One of my sons is 16 and does not have a driver's license so he would not be able to drive. He's 6'2" and I'm wondering if they recommend it be a child just for comfort or are there other safety reasons? Do you think he would be too uncomfortable as a passenger?

I am not sure how that would work. Our dd is 12 yo but on the petite side and road on the back with her Dad.

Perhaps email Kini Kini at info@kinikini.com or christinearends@kinikini.com to see what they say.

hi all ok i got thru Christine did my tour and it was the best.... it was suppose to be a group tour turned out to be a private .. it was great tony showed us the History of Aruba in 4 hours ,... they did say that noone will be able todo the ATV to Natural Pool after the roads are finished the only way thru is one way and a small fee to get there. so email kinikini with a hotmail or Yahoo email user only aol user won't except our emails. and they will give all the info but i would recommend this tour group and also for transfers back and forth from airport. CHristine is very helpful and her guides know it all.

ooh by the way her place of business is down the road from the cruise piers

Will I be able to see the natural pool with Kinikini in November '08? Do you know? Maybe I should contact them.

They never told me that two adults couldn't share a vehicle. I was trying to save some money and ride with my friend. We could each drive one way, and then reverse on the way back. I told them it was two adults and they gave me a price. Never did they say that the second rider on the one vehicle had to be a child. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi All - Have read the thread (and others about Kinikini) and still have a question... They are asking us to fill out their 'online' credit card form PLUS they want copies of both front & back of the card itself. It's for "no show" purposes, but I'm wary to give anyone that kind of information. Have those of you who have booked with them before been required to do this?

Hi All - Have read the thread (and others about Kinikini) and still have a question... They are asking us to fill out their 'online' credit card form PLUS they want copies of both front & back of the card itself. It's for "no show" purposes, but I'm wary to give anyone that kind of information. Have those of you who have booked with them before been required to do this?

I, too was a little wary of sending all this info to a fax so I e-mailed Christine and asked if I could call with the info. She was agreeable to doing that and gave me the number of 297-588-3333. Not sure which way is safer - probably neither but at least a copy of my credit cards are not sitting on anyone's desk for who knows how long. Just a thought.

Janet - Thanks. I agree. I trust the vendors but never know who might walk by... The "copies of both sides of the card" is the part that I thought was a little much. We've faxed, or emailed, card numbers before, but I was hesitant to do this much. I explained the same to Christine, and she even offered to call us. I'll call Monday. We're going with them on 9/23, so I'll post from the ship and let y'all know how it went!

Does a person need to know how to drive using a standard transmission with these ATVs?

No you do not. Neither my dh, nor I had ever touched or ridden before. After we arrived and paid for the tour we were taken to the ATV's and fitted for helmets. Once we had the helmets we were given a thorough "tour of the ATV". Instructions on rules of the road, accelerating, breaking etc. I was a little confused with park and neutral. The first couple of stops our guide Ray told me to just break and park and he would come over and help me.

Also, what happens if your ship is not able to dock for some reason? Would you still be charged as a no-show?

Aruba is NOT a tender port. In all of my years on CC, I have never ever heard of a ship not being able to dock. You can contact Kini Kini about it to be sure.

...Aruba is NOT a tender port. In all of my years on CC, I have never ever heard of a ship not being able to dock. You can contact Kini Kini about it to be sure.

While it is true that Aruba is not a tender port, a few years ago (March 2005) we watched a ship anchor off shore because the pilot boat could not get out to her to bring her in. I don't think they pulled into port until around 6 pm (when the water calmed down enough for the pilot boat to bring her in). That was back when ships were in Aruba until 11 pm or 1 AM.

So while rare, it can happen that Aruba could be missed.

Archived