Shore Excursion / Water sports

crazee4cruzin

My husband and I are going on the Eastern Carribbean cruise in March. I am interested in one of the water sports. The water sport is the "big banana" at Princess Cay. Several people ride on a large floating banana off the back of a boat. My husband is concerned about my safety. Has anyone gone on that and if so were you hurting afterwards? I am in my mid to late 40's and don't want to ruin my entire cruise for one joy ride. Thank you.

I have watched them do this and looks like loads of fun but I do have a bad back so I have passed. I have thought about doing it when Princess Cays was at the end of the cruise but a plane ride home with my back out wouldn't be much fun either.

You don't have to be in good shape IMO. I would just watch them ride and then if you think you can do it go sign up. I doubt they sell out before the cruise.

I did this last year. I am 56. It was pretty wild. Several times I nearly fell off. And if I would have, getting back on would have been very difficult from the water. And almost the entire time out there I couldn't see a thing as the spray generated was in my face all the time. And I was somewhere in the middle, not in the front. Salt water...ick. I won't do this again. It was challenging trying to stay on the thing. And if you are not physically fit I wouldn't do it. Especially if you have back problems.

Thanks for your feedback. I have had back problems in the past so maybe I should pass. It just looks like so much fun. I guess I should just stay on my float in the calm waters! :rolleyes: I don't want to risk any soreness or injury and we are stopping at Princess Cay the first day of the cruise. That wouldn't make for a fun week.

Archived