Carnival Glory Scuba in Belize

jdbmga

Debbie,

We are sailing the Glory in March 09 and the Belize excursions just became available for booking. The 2 tank dive is $179 w/ equipment and $159 w/o equipment. 5 hour excursion.

I've dived belize twice and actually missed the carnival excursion the first time and it was actually a blessing. The members that did go on the excursion said that it was over an hour boat ride, to the blue hole, and the wall dive was actually not all that interesting. The seas were rough and a few got sick, plus the company they used to take you out there really didn't have a good variety of fruit and beverages to accommodate the group.

SO, now when I go to belize, third cruise trip in Jan 09, I always fly to San Pedro ($60 rt, maya air) which is a blast because you can see the reef and break and the pretty blue water, just amazing. Then I take my 2 tank dive with Aquadives just google them you'll find them ($60) so in total you're looking at less than 130 per person. Otherwise if you don't feel comfortable booking or doing it on your own you can use ecotours in belize and they will charge you around the 180 per person. But doing it yourself is a breeze, just taxi to the airport.

Good luck and if you have any additional questions just ask....

Jean Claude, I have a lot of questions, if you don't mind.

How long does it take to get off the ship and get a taxi to the airport. I would need to know what time to book the flight.

How much is the taxi?

How long are the dives? I would need to know what time to book the flight back.

How do you get from San Pedro, Ambergris, where you get off the flight to the dive shop or location.

Also, I believe there is a 2 hr time difference between their time and ship time (EST). Is this correct?

This is all very confusing so any additional information you think would help I would also appreciate.

Debbie,

We are sailing the Glory in March 09 and the Belize excursions just became available for booking. The 2 tank dive is $179 w/ equipment and $159 w/o equipment. 5 hour excursion.

Thanks, reddi :)

• 2 months later...

The Blue Hole is a very long ride even from where the ship is anchored at. There really isn't much to see there either so it is more of one of those things that you can just say you did it once. Would much more recommend the dives at Turneffe Atoll instead where you'll get a nice wall, good coral, critters and lots of small stuff in the shallows to burn up your air at the end of the dive. I think they use Hugh Parkey's Dive Connection and we had great dives with them. They stop at their shop on the way to Turneffe Atoll to get equipment. Look for the dolfins in the lagoon. Just make sure they split the group up into experience levels and you'll have a great couple dives.

I'm sure that others know what they are talking about with regards to taking flights to dive while in Belize.....but I know that even in Hawaii, when not climbing to a high altitude, they will not allow you to dive and fly the same day. My husband and sons did a dive with Carnival on Belize and really enjoyed it. They did not go to the Blue Hole. I'm sure that there are several opinions on this but please take into account flying restrictions when diving. Belize has great diving!!!!! Enjoy. Cherie

Archived