Offically Freaking Out!!

ruecatt

I'm freaking out!!! :eek:

I just found that the itinerary for my 11/16/08 cruise on the Triumph has changed, its been reversed. My excursions are still booked but all on the wrong days now. I was going to cancel and rebook but I checked the Carnival website and it looks like there are no excursions available now. I don't know if they can transfer my excursions over or not but if I have to cancel my excursions and can't rebook any new one I will not be a happy cruiser. :(

I called Carnival twice, one guy said the computer would automatically cancel my excursions and one guy said they would be transfered over. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to call customer service.

They must have known this would be an issue, has anyone experienced this before? Its going to be a long night!

I just had the same thing happen, all my ports switched days. I only had 1 excursion booked thru the ship. I called and was told it would be switched to the correct day once I get on the ship. I dont know if this info is correct but nothing to do now but wait and see.

I think if you book through the ship you will be OK. But they are so much more expensive that booking directly. I am always very careful to find out about cancellation policies. I have found most of the locals don't ask for pre payment and don't even want your credit card info until you get there. I don't think I would book through an independent if I had to pre pay. This comes from learning the hard way.

good luck and happy cruising.

Just take a deep breath and relax. You don't sail for a month and a half. Call the shore excursions dept. tomorrow and get a good sleep tonight. I would imagine they automatically switch your excursions, but if not, if you can't pre-book, neither can anyone else, so just keep an eye on the site and book again when they come up.

I'm freaking out!!! :eek:

I just found that the itinerary for my 11/16/08 cruise on the Triumph has changed, its been reversed. My excursions are still booked but all on the wrong days now. I was going to cancel and rebook but I checked the Carnival website and it looks like there are no excursions available now. I don't know if they can transfer my excursions over or not but if I have to cancel my excursions and can't rebook any new one I will not be a happy cruiser. :(

I called Carnival twice, one guy said the computer would automatically cancel my excursions and one guy said they would be transfered over. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to call customer service.

They must have known this would be an issue, has anyone experienced this before? Its going to be a long night!

you'll be fine. They change itineraries frequently and have the same issues each time. If you are on a Carnival excursion, your booking will be transferred.

We always book our tours independant of the cruise line due to the price differences. But I know that things can change. I always ask about their change or cancellation policy. The companies that I have dealt with were really good about this. They wouldn't charge a penalty if the ship didn't make the port for some reason and they would also change the date of the excursion if the itinerary was changed. They want your business and understand that these cruise itineraries can and do change sometimes. If you booked an independant tour, contact that company. If it was book through the ship, I'm sure they will update your tour automatically.

Archived