Goody Bag help!

My FH and I are taking our family with us on a cruise and we are getting married while in port in St. Thomas. I have read on other thread about the goody bags and thought that they were a good idea. I just recently bought canvas bag and was going to put some kind of iron on transfer on them but was wondering if past bride that have done this would mind posting a picutre of there bags to kind of give me an idea of where to get started. Actually all the help that I can get will be appreciated!!

We also did Welcome Aboard bags and we put

disposal able camera

a small photo album

passport covers

pens

lottery ticket holder with a lottery ticket

chocolate bar with Newlywed candy wrappers..

Also trial size items of

Hand Sanitizer

Band-aids

Tissues

Shout Wipes

Also a personalized welcome aboard letter thanking everyone for attending

Thanks. I looked at the other thread and I think that it will help me get started. Yeah I have a few things that I am going to put in it.

photo album

sea shell key chain

first aid kit

personalized towels

sun screen

hand sanitizer

and some other things that I can seem to think of right now.

I'll try and post a pic of mine this weekend. I printed iron on transfers on my ink jet printer, cut them out and ironed them on canvas bags (Walmart - $5 on sale from $20). I will say, get your iron really hot, press hard, and press for a lot longer than it said to. I think the instructions were for 20 seconds or something. I ironed each one for at least 1 minute or longer. I had one that didn't turn out quite right, it didn't transfer fully and was a bit bumpy after. I put a piece of parchment paper on it and ironed it again, and that fixed it.

It rains a lot in St. Thomas - not pours, but it does sprinkle several times a day for a few minutes, so I put small umbrellas in each bag. I also put some asian folding fans in, in case it's really hot and the ladies want some air. I bought beach towels from Linens N Things and took them to get custom embroidered with our monogram & wedding date. Because the towels are bulky, most people will not be getting them on the cruise, but will get them after. I also got cruise ship luggage tags for each person.

I hit the jackpot this weekend at Target. I thought I knew what I was going to put in my bags, but once I got to Target I changed my mind. I got scented hand lotion for the ladies and mini-nail grooming kits for the men in the clearance section at the front of the store. In the trial and travel size aisle I found:

1. hand sanitizer

2. travel-size shout wipes

3. travel Tide for washing a few clothes in the sink

4. tropical printed kleenex

5. travel lint rollers

6. travel first-aid kits

The best part? Everything was $1. I am putting all of that with our customized water bottles and a welcome aboard letter and distributing them at the dinner we are having in Miami the night before embarkation.

Little tip.. i went to Target the other day and you know how at the end of the health & beauty aisles they have clearance sections well they have the glass wipes on sale for $.48 for 6 individually wrapped ones. So I bought them and will probably put one or two in each bag so it works out to a very good deal!

I got lucky at Target and found blue bags with an anchor on them and filled them with:

hand sanitizer, lip balm, a fan, sticky notes, flip flop slippers, chocolates, a small scrapbook that I made background designs for each of our locations (all they have to do is insert their pictures) and the silver cruise luggage tag hanging on the strap with their name on it. They were a hit.

If you still have time, try Oriental Trading Company for lots of inexpensive items you can buy in bulk.

Good luck,

Heidi

Archived