Carnival Triumph at night in PR

ladycajun

going to be on the triumph thanksgiving week, in PR from 5p to midnight, I believe on wednesday night. I wanted to do the rain forest and biobay, but not sure if moon will be right or who are reputable places to book this with. I heard you are not supposed to swim and I saw a few companies saying you are allowed to. Any way just trying to decide what to do for active middle agers. Would like to see old san juan but don't know if anything will be open. My g/f is an artist and would have liked to see some art places if possible.

thanks

Hi

Moon phase looks good for Thanksgiving week http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/places-to-see/bio-bay-in-puerto-rico/

as for tour operators - try a search on this forum - should be plenty of reviews. Kayaking Puerto Rico gets good reviews - You can't swim in the Bio Bay at Fajardo at the moment (the one on Vieques island you can). The other option would be to go with the ships tour.

If you just want to stay in Old San Juan - shops should be open when you dock (and you should dock at the OSJ piers) - You could just wander around http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/2008/07/self-guided-walking-tour-of-old-san-juan-part-1/ - it's well lit and the main attractions are all lit - http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/2008/05/el-morro-at-night/

enjoy

going to be on the triumph thanksgiving week, in PR from 5p to midnight, I believe on wednesday night. I wanted to do the rain forest and biobay, but not sure if moon will be right or who are reputable places to book this with. I heard you are not supposed to swim and I saw a few companies saying you are allowed to. Any way just trying to decide what to do for active middle agers. Would like to see old san juan but don't know if anything will be open. My g/f is an artist and would have liked to see some art places if possible.

thanks

You will be in port too late to see the rain forest.

You also will be pushing it for the BioBay. The only way I would suggest it is by going with the cruise ship excursion (your time in port is off- most companies leave Fajardo dock by 6:15-6:30p). You will be hard pressed to get there on your own on time.

Unfortunately, most art galleries and museums will be closed. You can see lots of sculptures outside all around OSJ.

• 1 month later...

We are also going on the Triumph on Thanksgiving week. The ship arrives in San Juan on Tuesday, November 25th.

When we were on the Triumph last time in San Juan we went to Senior Frogs which was fun. We will likely do Senior Frogs again this time. It is a very short walk to Senior Frogs. It is a very lively place. :)

Archived