Passpsort Question - Mexico

SunPacific

I’m so excited – we just got back from the post office where we submitted applications for our very first passports! I know this is a dumb question and I think I know the answer but I’ll ask it anyway: Do you need the passport when you get off/on the ship in Ensenada? We were planning to stay on Paradise that day; we’ll get off if we can get our passports stamped but I think you only get that going through customs at the airport?:confused:

You only need a passport to enter the US by Air. I believe that you can still enter the US without a USA passport by foot or by car from Mexico or Canada.

Yup - until June 2009 at least, you can enter the States by land without a passport.

I only know because I'm having difficulties with my own passport - changing it to my married name. You can still fly within the continental US without a passport, even if you're Canadian (don't know about Mexican, sorry!).

Some here have posted in the past that they left their passports at the information desk to be stamped. Whether this actually works or not I have no idea, but you can always ask.

I know we don't technically need a passport for this cruise, but Miss Worry-About-Everything (i.e., me:rolleyes: ) is concerned if for any reason we would have to fly home from Mexico, we would have the passports.

Thanks for your replies - I depend on the knowlege of all you CC'rs. I will try YST's suggestion. Thanks all!

Archived