Online Shore Excursion Booking

SantaAna,CA

Well I tried it today and it finally came up, the ability to book online for shore excursions for my Panama Canal cruise. Fun! This is the first cruise I've been on that I'd used that new feature.

My one question...it shows the beach barbeque at Hunting Caye as "fully booked". Surely this can't be? It has an option where you can request to be "wait listed"...but I'm assuming this must be some little glitch. To my knowledge, they never turn anyone away from the barbeques!!

Jane :)

Jane

I think this is the all ship Belize Beach Picnic ~~it would be an error as to "fully booked." I was aboard the Legend last Jan. and

I enjoyed Hunting Caye Island more than I have Prickly Pear Island.

The Island is gorgeous ~~one has the feel of being "ship wrecked!"

The day we were there it rained cats & dogs, but the downpours just added more charm to our picnic! The guests all helped the Crew and Staff with the "blowing" umbrellas, fully set tables, etc., etc......just your typical family beach picnic reunion!:p

You'll love it!

Martita B.

Jane.....when I was doing my online bookings for my South American cruise, there was one city that continually showed ALL excursions as "Fully Booked"....think it was Santiago. Of course they werent fully boked at all....just a "glitch"....

I havent heard of many being cancelled at all......certainly none that we have booked. Think there was one in SA...an "adventure" type one that they didnt get enough numbers for.....of course the BBQ ones can be cancelled due to the weather.....that did happen to us....

With such a small ship, are excursions often cancelled through lack of numbers?

I think I've had excursions canceled maybe twice due to issues with the tour operator, so they said. I don't think numbers play too much into it, I've heard of tours being done with only a handful of people.

Thanks. It's working again, but the beach barbeque is still "sold out"! Oh well, when I get onboard I'll take care of it; I've booked everything else but Belize, where I'm hoping I get at least ONE day of scuba diving! I'm looking forward to this cruise, lots of adventuresome shore excursions!

Thanks for the earlier responses about cancellations. That's one less thing to worry about. (A poster on the Silverseas board was complaining about cancelled shore excursions due to lack of numbers).

Cheers,

Steve.

I've booked everything else but Belize, where I'm hoping I get at least ONE day of scuba diving! I'm looking forward to this cruise, lots of adventuresome shore excursions!

Jane, if they still offer the shore excursion with a short flight to Francis Ford Coppolla's Blancaneaux resort in Belize, it is worth it. http://www.blancaneaux.com/ What a fabulous resort! You get to do a Coppolla wine tasting, have lunch and tour through the grounds. Each 'room' is a cabin facing a waterfall, river, stream, etc with no front walls and ceiling-less showers. All very private. They keep some of his retired race horses there too. I will go back and spend a week or two there someday when the right person comes along.

Archived