Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

I asked Tom to provide the stops by email as the website was out-of-date. Tom advised that the stops are as follows: Punta Morena, Coconuts, El Mirador, Playa Bonita and Rasta's. Hope that helps!

Wow!! He finally got around to getting great east side places. Punta Morena is probably the better beach for beach folks. Playa Bonita is on th ebeach but not really a lay around the beach place, great food though. And Rastas is just a unique place...good conch ceviche. Coconuts for the view and a drink. El Mirador has beautiful rock formations. This will be a good trip! Nice redo Tom!:)

You seem to know the Hop and area really well. Question, please - two in my party really want to hit Senor Frogs. Is there time after the Hop for them to spend an hour or so there? If not, is it possible for them to jump off the Hop somewhere along the line and get a taxi back to Senor Frogs? The East side seems a bit unpopular with tourists and wondering if taxi's even run there..... plus, how expensive do you think one would be? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide, and for all your informative posts, in general.

Ann

You seem to know the Hop and area really well. Question, please - two in my party really want to hit Senor Frogs. Is there time after the Hop for them to spend an hour or so there? If not, is it possible for them to jump off the Hop somewhere along the line and get a taxi back to Senor Frogs? The East side seems a bit unpopular with tourists and wondering if taxi's even run there..... plus, how expensive do you think one would be? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide, and for all your informative posts, in general.

Ann

Thank you for the complement....I think LHP or Caribbean Tina could better answer your question re time at Senor Frogs and may have more current info on taxi fares. I think they should have enough time to grab a cab from the Bar Hop drop off point and hit Sr. Frogs, if that's what they really want to do. If you're docking at the International Pier, there'sa mini Sr. Frogs there.

The reason the East side isn't as popular is because the West side has calmer waters for beaches and is more populated with resorts, plus that's where the ships dock, the airport is and the ferry docks. The East side is a bit more rustic. There are not a lot of taxis on the east side, except from crusiers or tourists who get them on the West side and go to the east side. You sometimes have to arrange with the cab driver to eithe rwait or come back and pick upi you. I believe that RT taxi fares to the East Side can run up to $60 or more for 2-4 peope, depending upon where you go and how long you stay.

We did the Hop on 11/6 and had a blast. Peppee was our guide and did a great job on the tour. We had a group of 6 from the Triumph and every time we ran into each other, the remainder of the trip, we would recall a great memory of our time on the Hop. If anyone is trying to decide about the trip, do it, you will not regret. DW and I have been to Cozumel several times and it is the best time we have ever had on the island.

Thanks for the info and prompt reply. I agree about Sr. Frogs - WHY? But they are young.... My hopes are that they are having so much fun on the Hop that they will forget all about it. We'll be on the Carnival Dream; not sure where we are docking. Just know that I can't wait! 16 days and a wake-up!

Any recent Hoppers - what time did you get back to the pier??

Thanks for the info and prompt reply. I agree about Sr. Frogs - WHY? But they are young.... My hopes are that they are having so much fun on the Hop that they will forget all about it. We'll be on the Carnival Dream; not sure where we are docking. Just know that I can't wait! 16 days and a wake-up!

I went at the beginning of August (again...it was a GREAT time) and the tour was from 11:00am - 4:00pm. We were back at the pier right on time and we still had a couple of hours to shop and do other things while we were there. Plus, there are some souveniers available at some stops on the tour as well. One man at Coconuts had some great prices on jewelry, glassware and other items.

I went at the beginning of August (again...it was a GREAT time) and the tour was from 11:00am - 4:00pm. We were back at the pier right on time and we still had a couple of hours to shop and do other things while we were there. Plus, there are some souveniers available at some stops on the tour as well. One man at Coconuts had some great prices on jewelry, glassware and other items.

YAY!! Thank you so much for answering my question, especially with the answer I was hoping for!

Sorry to ask again...I fear my post got lost in the mix! About how much cash should we take in addition to the $30/per person for the tour? We are pretty heavy drinkers. We are looking forward to drinking our way across the island!
Figure about 2 bucks a beer and maybe 5 or 6 bucks for a GREAT margarita and multiply that by the 4 or 5 stops you will be making. So thats about $50 on additional alcohol (plus tips) if you drink at each place. Like I said earlier, there are also items you can buy along the tour. Personally, I spent about $100 extra but I did but some silver items and shirts as well. By the way...here are a few shots I took on the tour:

2087140970097987311S425x425Q85.jpg2926391890097987311S425x425Q85.jpg

2484318660097987311S425x425Q85.jpg2101005140097987311S425x425Q85.jpg

2064149520097987311S425x425Q85.jpg

The Carnival Dream docks at Puerta Maya. There's a 3 Amigos there just before you get to the gate to the ship. They should head for the SF in town when they get off the bus, assuming it still starts and ends at Punta Langosta pier...But they should also pay close attention to the times as the Dream stays on Eastern Standard and Cozumel is 1 hour behind. Not sure what the new schedule start time is but under the old schedule, you'd best be heading back to the ship shortly after the tour ends.

Good Day All...

Was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what time the Bar Hop starts at.. we'll be in port 8am to 10 pm in Feb 2011.. thinking it would be nice if it started around noon.. thanks

It may vary by the times that ships are in port, but last month ours started at 11:00am and went until 4:00pm.

About how much extra cash should you bring on this tour? It's $30/person after you make the deposit, right? We will be drinking a lot of extra stuff, in addition to the shots, plus lunch. What is a good estimate of cash to bring for two adults?

Thanks so much to all of you for your positive reviews! Counting down the days til we go in December!!

Just back!

Each bar had different prices, $3 to $5 for beer. The biggest margarita was only $5 and yummy! Food varied a lot up to $19 for an entree. Greg was our guide and he told us we'd get chips and salsa no charge at most places and they usually eat a meal at the last bar, Rasta's. It was 2:30pm when we got there. (We started at noon.) The shots of tequilla were STRONG! I was drinking water after the 3rd stop!

The beaches were really beautiful. Only a few people went in the water. Most of us chatted and ate chips and salsa with beer.

We had a great time!

thanks freddie did you see we booked the century for dec couldn't wait:)
Yeah I saw. And with the drink package as well!!! Now you need to book the Serenade out of San Juan 02/12/2011 (my 50th B-Day cruise) and the Freedom out of Port Canaveral on 11/06/2011 (Pirate Cruise). :D :D :D

Thanks for all the great info on prices and shopping opportunities. We wanted this tour because of seeing the other side of the island, but also wanted to shop. Looks like this will be best of both worlds. Of course FUN too! LOL

What about the need for pesos? I wouldn't think we need them but read somewhere that Coconuts was a problem. Any truth? I don't think we will be spending lots of dollars, but might see some silver or pottery we like.:eek:

Anyone going with us?

Are we supposed to meet up with the hop at Starbucks? What time? Is Ship time same as Port time I believe Cozumel is Central time zone.

Haven't heard where to meet yet. Hope they will let us know next week.:confused:

Archived