Last minute tips for Paradise?

tdev32

I'm glad to hear there's a great piano bar entertainer on board. I LOVE the piano bar!

As long as Barry Miller is the entertainer, its a GREAT piano bar. If he's not there, I can't guarentee how much fun it will be. (I've been on some ships where the piano player was dull,dull,dull.) Keeping my fingers crossed that he's still there this weekend.

Please tell him one of his biggest fans, "Laurie" said Hi. (I, along with a few other ladies, sat and talked with him after he was done for the night.)

What a pain in the you-know-what that card fiasco was! Lucky for me, I'm Platinum, so I was able to go to the Platinum line and got my card MUCH quicker. I had friends that arrived later and they had to stand in that long line at the pursers desk. Carnival should have figured out a way to fix the problem before people boarded. At the very least, they should have had waiters coming around giving free drinks to those stuck waiting in that line.

Regarding the problem at debarkation: Apparently, every 90 days the crew has to go thru immigration. That was their day! Which held up the passengers. We had friends that didn't have a flight until 4:00pm. Our plan was to stay on the ship as long as possible, (thinking 10:30 at the latest), hang out at Queen Mary for a while. But by 10:30, they hadn't even called my friends color. I did something that I usually frown upon. I pulled out the Platinum perk and told them that we were all travelling together. So at 10:30'ish we were able to bypass the long line and disembark. It still took 45 minutes or so to go thru immigration. At that point, my friends decided to catch the shuttle to the airport.

In all my cruises, this was the worst experiences in embarkation and debarkation. If this was my first cruise, I'd be very disappointed in the whole process. Luckily, I know that this is not a normal situation.

thanks for the info. We had to explain to the first cruise people in our group that this was NOT standard procedure. :)

Archived