Carnival Imagination Review 9/13/08!!

trickseb

All I can say is AWESOME!!

We arrived in Miami the day before the big event and we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown, as did most of our guest. We were to have 50 guests attend the wedding, with 28 of them sailing. My husband and I hosted a Welcome Dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co on that Friday night. The food was okay, but I’ve had better. The dinner was mostly to allow us more time with our non-sailing guest as we knew the wedding/reception would fly by the next day. The next morning, my husband and I arranged for transportation to the pier from the hotel for any of our guest that was staying at the Marriott. The shuttles were to start running at 9:45am. Because I was adamant that I did not want to see my husband, my MOH and I was on the very 1st shuttle leaving the hotel and he was to catch the last shuttle. When our shuttle arrived at the pier, we were able to get thru security really smoothly with no lines. She and I were able to check in VIP and we camped there until all of the others arrived. Once my husband arrived and was checked in, he was taken to the extra cabin that we reserved to be ready for him to get dressed. Once the coast was clear, my MOH and I were taken to join the wedding guest in another room. My TWE wedding Coordinator, Kimberly was Great!! She had provided instructions to the guest about what the process would be when we were to board the ship. In addition, she provided maps and notified them what time they needed to be at the wedding location. We were on the ship by 11:15am which gave folks plenty of time to roam the ship as the ceremony was to start at 1pm. I was later told by some of my guest that some folks roamed up to grab lunch on the LIDO deck. I was taken to our cabin to get dressed and found that I too had a lot of time. Hair and makeup was done, so I only needed to put on my dress. Meanwhile, I had a friend who I relied on to see to it that everything went according to my wishes. She is actually a wedding planner for the Marriott, so she was just the right person. She was taken to the lounges for the ceremony and the reception and she was allowed free will to set things up as I had outlined for her. At about 12:45p my MOH left me alone in the cabin to go to a quick wedding rehearsal and I must say that was the longest wait of my life. Finally, Kimberly came back to get me and we headed down to the Shangri La Lounge for the ceremony. I waited as the parents and wedding party marched in and then my friend signaled that it was time for the song change on the CD we provided for me to make my grand entrance. It was absolutely beautiful and it goes by really fast. After the ceremony, we took a few pictures and I had advised my friend that I wanted my guest to go ahead and start eating during this time. She really had to be stern about this because usually they don’t allow guests to eat before the bride and groom enters reception. We spent about 15 minutes for group pictures and then the wedding party was announced by my friend into the reception which was in the Illusions Disco. Immediately after our entrance, I had outlined that I wanted to do the 1st dance, Father/Daughter & Mother/Son dance. Again my friend had to be really stern about this b/c they usually do cake cutting and toast first. The DJ was awesome, we had a CD to be played during the reception, but I do not think we really used it as the DJ was really good. My expectations of the photographer were very low, but I was pleasantly amazed at his work. His name was Mike Rivera and he was really great to work with. We have tons of pictures, 2 CD’s with all of the images and a 16x20 print on canvas. He also threw in a DVD to music of wedding pictures as well as a photo album that he designed that had some of the photos and wording (almost like scrapbooking). It was a very reasonable price we thought. We also purchased the video package and that was really nice as well. We were allowed an extra ½ hour during the reception and my non-sailing guest enjoyed that. I have attached a link with some of the pictures that the photog took. Hopefully the link works as I’m just getting acclimated to Snap Fish. I will try and answer as many questions as I can as I was able to learn a lot from this board.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=247770820/a=135304662_135304662/t_=135304662

your photos are great. Everything and everyone looked beautiful. I am sooo excited for my day now. Question: was the music stopped abruptly, or was it gently faded out? What was your opinion of the food? Did your guests enjoy the whole cruise wedding experience? Sorry to bombard you with questions.

Barbie,

The one thing I would have done differently would have been to relax more before the wedding. I was so worried about how things would turn out and it all worked out beautifully.

Fantasy Bride,

The DJ let us know the last song as he was playing it which was our clue that the reception was near an end. I did not get to taste much of the food b/c I was mingling, but my guest really enjoyed the food. I did think the cake was yummy!! My guests are still talking about how nice everythig was and the non-sailers were sad to have to depart the ship.

Thank you so much for the review and the pictures! I am getting married on the Imagination on 11/14! I am starting to get REALLY EXCITED! I was concerned that there was no way they could keep us from seeing each other the day of the wedding, but now I feel better about that. What time did your non-sailing guests have to get off of the ship?

I had the deluxe package with the 1 1/2hr reception. There was plenty of food, they did a really great job with the food and drinks. My non-sailing guest departed the ship around 3:25p which we were originally told they would have to be off by 3pm.

Your wedding was beautiful and the review was eloquently done. I'm getting married on the same ship and when I see your wedding I get really excited. The groomsmen in my wedding are also wearing the brown tux's. My colors are canary and brown. You were a very beautiful bride. I wish you and your new husband the very best. I hope you continue to view the boards just in case I have a few questions I would like answered.

• 2 months later...
All I can say is AWESOME!!

We arrived in Miami the day before the big event and we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown, as did most of our guest. We were to have 50 guests attend the wedding, with 28 of them sailing. My husband and I hosted a Welcome Dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co on that Friday night. The food was okay, but I’ve had better. The dinner was mostly to allow us more time with our non-sailing guest as we knew the wedding/reception would fly by the next day. The next morning, my husband and I arranged for transportation to the pier from the hotel for any of our guest that was staying at the Marriott. The shuttles were to start running at 9:45am. Because I was adamant that I did not want to see my husband, my MOH and I was on the very 1st shuttle leaving the hotel and he was to catch the last shuttle. When our shuttle arrived at the pier, we were able to get thru security really smoothly with no lines. She and I were able to check in VIP and we camped there until all of the others arrived. Once my husband arrived and was checked in, he was taken to the extra cabin that we reserved to be ready for him to get dressed. Once the coast was clear, my MOH and I were taken to join the wedding guest in another room. My TWE wedding Coordinator, Kimberly was Great!! She had provided instructions to the guest about what the process would be when we were to board the ship. In addition, she provided maps and notified them what time they needed to be at the wedding location. We were on the ship by 11:15am which gave folks plenty of time to roam the ship as the ceremony was to start at 1pm. I was later told by some of my guest that some folks roamed up to grab lunch on the LIDO deck. I was taken to our cabin to get dressed and found that I too had a lot of time. Hair and makeup was done, so I only needed to put on my dress. Meanwhile, I had a friend who I relied on to see to it that everything went according to my wishes. She is actually a wedding planner for the Marriott, so she was just the right person. She was taken to the lounges for the ceremony and the reception and she was allowed free will to set things up as I had outlined for her. At about 12:45p my MOH left me alone in the cabin to go to a quick wedding rehearsal and I must say that was the longest wait of my life. Finally, Kimberly came back to get me and we headed down to the Shangri La Lounge for the ceremony. I waited as the parents and wedding party marched in and then my friend signaled that it was time for the song change on the CD we provided for me to make my grand entrance. It was absolutely beautiful and it goes by really fast. After the ceremony, we took a few pictures and I had advised my friend that I wanted my guest to go ahead and start eating during this time. She really had to be stern about this because usually they don’t allow guests to eat before the bride and groom enters reception. We spent about 15 minutes for group pictures and then the wedding party was announced by my friend into the reception which was in the Illusions Disco. Immediately after our entrance, I had outlined that I wanted to do the 1st dance, Father/Daughter & Mother/Son dance. Again my friend had to be really stern about this b/c they usually do cake cutting and toast first. The DJ was awesome, we had a CD to be played during the reception, but I do not think we really used it as the DJ was really good. My expectations of the photographer were very low, but I was pleasantly amazed at his work. His name was Mike Rivera and he was really great to work with. We have tons of pictures, 2 CD’s with all of the images and a 16x20 print on canvas. He also threw in a DVD to music of wedding pictures as well as a photo album that he designed that had some of the photos and wording (almost like scrapbooking). It was a very reasonable price we thought. We also purchased the video package and that was really nice as well. We were allowed an extra ½ hour during the reception and my non-sailing guest enjoyed that. I have attached a link with some of the pictures that the photog took. Hopefully the link works as I’m just getting acclimated to Snap Fish. I will try and answer as many questions as I can as I was able to learn a lot from this board.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=247770820/a=135304662_135304662/t_=135304662

Hi! I tried to click onto your photo link but it says the photos have been taken down. I'd love to see the photos. My wedding is on the same ship. Can you possible email them to me? asb700@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!

Archived