OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Wow, these photos are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm looking to buy a new camera. Please tell me what kind you guys are using. Thanks

Good photographs are not just a product of a good camera. A good photographer can use a disposable camera and produce fantastic results. It's kind of like eating a fabulous meal at friends house and asking them what kind of cookware they used. The camera is just the tool used to capture the moment.

Wonderful play Mr. Shakespeare! Could you tell me the brand of ink you used? :D:D

Not to disparage the originator of the question, but this is also a pet peeve of mine. I've seen beautiful images captured with a 2MP compact and some real crap shot with an $8000 pro rig.

As you said, it is the eye behind the camera that chooses the scene and not much is required of the camera beyond reliable recording of what it was pointed at.

On the flip side, in defense of the question, someone with no background in photography or is ready to step up from disposables may simply be trying to narrow down the field of 100s of models and types of cameras or determine what a good one would be to start with. To that, my answer is that I shoot with a 7MP Canon SD800 compact, a 6MP Minolta DSLR and a 12MP Sony DSLR...in no particular order. You cna get a decent camera that will produce technically excellent images on full auto mode for under $200. The rest is up to you.;)

Happy shooting!

Dave

Almost all digital cameras available today will do a great job. The point and shoot camera have come a long way in the last couple of years. One needs to narrow their options down by figuring out what their needs are in a camera. One camera will not do everything. For example, Cameras that produce the absolute best picture quality will not fit in your pocket. If size is important, as well as not having to empty your bank account to pay for it, then that rules out those cameras. Go to a local store and play with some different models and see what feels best in your hand and go from there.

Pierces....I like your Shakespeare analogy. That's one I hadn't heard before.

Thanks to Cruise Forever about your comments on my picutres. ;)

The cameras I use very depending on how much I want to carry and what I am shooting:

Nikon D2x, Nikon D100, Nikon Coolpix S550 (a point and shoot)

And yes I occasionally will shoot egads FILM with a Nikon F2HP (in my opinion still the best camera made) or N90

My Dad always told me the better the tools the better you are able to do your job and makes you proud to put your name on it. (be that quicker, better quality, or easyier to accomplish your job).

We just returned from a road trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons. What beautiful country.

Cheers!

Donna & Michael

100_3260.jpg

GrandTetonNP015.jpg

Just beautiful and these should be enlarged and added to your walls at home. I really think these snapshots are amazing...Love them both. thanks for sharing. Keep them coming.

Just beautiful and these should be enlarged and added to your walls at home. I really think these snapshots are amazing...Love them both. thanks for sharing. Keep them coming.

Thanks so much! So many pictures to choose from I might have to make a collage instead.

Cheers!

Donna

Cruiser Forever.... Beautiful Roses!

Sports Mom - Cool Concert Pictures!

It is always so much fun to come and see the variety on here and everyone pictures! :)

Thanks Jean. :) I too love all the different variety of pictures shared.

Archived