Does RCCL charge a FEE?

pepelapew

I am interested in having a photo done with 9 other folks. It will be a casual photo & we are not planning this dress alike on formal nights. The guys will all be wearing Black/White shirts & the women White Blouses with Black slacks/skirts. I wanted this photo for myself to admire long after our cruise has ended. Does anyone know if the Photographers on the Explorer will take a few photos of all of us, then let me choose the one I'd like to purchase? Do they charge a fee? Will they take the photo anywhere on the ship I'd like? Thanks for your input.

Debbie

HI DW and I have had many many many pictures taken over the years aboard RCL ships, and have never been charged a "sitting fee" there are a few areas on board where u can have photos taken each evening. they each have a different background is u have a nice choice.

Ask at the photo shop on board if you can arrange something special for your group. The worst they can say is no. We see ship photographers taking photos all the time. On formal night they even take pictures at your table in the dining room.

Prices for pictures run about 20 bucks for an 8x10.

copies are much cheaper to make at home than to have them done on the ship. just fyi!!

have fun and hope u get a great picture!:)

We had a couple of group pictures taken of our Cruise Critic bunch. All we did was make the arrangements with one of the photographers for a certain time at a certain location (once we were on the stairs, another time in a lounge) and they were more than happy to do it.

I am interested in having a photo done with 9 other folks. It will be a casual photo & we are not planning this dress alike on formal nights. The guys will all be wearing Black/White shirts & the women White Blouses with Black slacks/skirts. I wanted this photo for myself to admire long after our cruise has ended. Does anyone know if the Photographers on the Explorer will take a few photos of all of us, then let me choose the one I'd like to purchase? Do they charge a fee? Will they take the photo anywhere on the ship I'd like? Thanks for your input.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

My family and I just cruised on the EOS in June & yes every night expect for the last night of the cruise we were photographed. We got a real nice family pics (casual. They have all your pictures of the all the events all over the photo gallery. We got all our pictures from each event (i.e. boarding, port of call, formal, random dinner shots of us singles and together, and casual picture if you wanted) We put them all together and there is a bin you can toss the unwanted pictures you don't think you will buy. We got a couple of 8x10, 5x7 & RCCL photo album for about $150. No sitting fee! They will only take your pictures that I recall in the dining room, outside the dining room or photo gallery, when you enter the onboard holding area & when you get off the ship at port of call(s). The video guy is usually taking the video of the events other wise. So make sure you get your face in the camera as much as possible so when they edit the video for selling "Your Cruise in Review" you will have at least 1 or 2 spots with your faces in it. It starts with the Muster Drill and ends the night before the last day cruisin' so they video is ready for pick up before you return to port on the final day.

NB: the 1 pic we got as a family pic had a white backdrop I was wearing white pants and they weren't washed out with white on white. It should be fine. I also recall a black backdrop as well.

Hope this helps before you sail on the Explorer. She gave us a great cruise and wish you the same:D

Liz

Archived