Seems Like the Bumped baltimore PAX Can't catch a Break!

MrPete

I've used the travel agency being discussed and have NEVER had one problem.

Always get IMMEDIATE e-mail confirmations with Carnival booking #.

Always check IMMEDIATELY with Carnival website using that # and get Carnival confirmation.

Excellent pricing every time and they always mail me $50 off coupons for my next cruise AND ALWAYS HONOR THEM when I do call them again.

Couldn't speak more highly of them.:)

I think Carnival is pushing the blame to the agent. Carnival over books. They always have, they just got caught doing it from Baltimore. Baltimore's port is very popular for people who dont fly. Our last cruise was from there and it was amazing how many people drove to the port for this cruise. Almost everyone we met on board. For this reason, people show up for there cruise.

I think Carnival is passing the buck here.

This Cruises Only mentioned on WBAL-TV is a "brick and mortar" travel agency located in Towson, Maryland.:mad: I don't know if it is affliated with the internet agency. Just remember, this is the type of place that is supposed to offer "better service" when Carnival's new pricing policies take place in January. In return for higher prices, these "brick and mortar" agencies are supposed to be taking better care of us instead of those inpersonal internet agencies. If Carnival expects this new pricing policy to work, they better do some weeding out of the incompetent agencies. Of course, this is JMO.

We used this TA without significant difficulty. It's my understanding this TA is perhaps the largest single outside source of Carnival bookings. My assumption is that they know what they're doing. Look to Carnival for the problem.

While it is Carnival's fault that they overbooked the Miracle it is clear from what the article says that the TA did not have enough money down to cover the entire group. That is not Carnival's fault. That goes straight back to the TA.

I used the above mentioned agency for years and while I had no major problems with them, their customer service sucked. Trying to get an invoice after booking was like pulling teeth. Communication was non existent. That included the TA and customer service department. I used the original office out of Orlando. I finally moved my business to a brick and mortar and have had much better service.

Archived