Helicopter vs Airplane

cran08512

Sailing POA 10/18/08 looking to take air tour in Kauai trying to decide between Helicopter or Airplane tour.

Also deciding in Hilo to rent car and do VNP on our own or the Roberts tour.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Sailing POA 10/18/08 looking to take air tour in Kauai trying to decide between Helicopter or Airplane tour.

We did a helicopter tour and it was awesome. :) I am not so sure a plane could get as close to the mountains and Napali Coast as we did in a helicopter. :eek:

I would check out some pictures of both and see what you think. There are probably a lot of links posted in the NCL reviews of HI, and the ports.

I posted my review and links back in 2006, so I don't know if they are still up there.

jw:cool:

A bunch of people on this forum have done air ventures (airplane) tour on Kauai and loved it.

I think Kauai is the best island for helicopter/plane tour.

I recommend

Jack Harter

Blue Hawaiian

Air Ventures (plane)

For VNP renting a car is a good choice

If there is one place to do the air tour it is Kauai!

I would favor helicopter, as there are a lot of places I don't think you'd enjoy as much going by at hundreds of miles an hour versus the slower pace the helicopter gives you.

Helicopter's if you pick the right vendors have much larger windows as well, or doors off if that is your fancy.

My son and I took a 2-hour helicopter (doorless) tour which also included a jungle landing and picnic lunch with Inter-Island Helicopters. It was beyond fantastic - and I'm afraid of heights! Will never do it again, but absolutely loved the entire experience...

While visiting Hilo we had a terrific private tour of The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with Vavoom Volcano Tours. The owner/operator is Lori Alana. She is a native Hawaiian and has much knowledge she imparts to her guests. Her website is: http://www.vavoomhawaii.blogspot.com or, if this isn't allowed, you can simply google vavoom volcano tours hawaii...

Archived