Van/Shuttle service Civitavecchia to Rome airport

We have an 11:00 AM flight out of Rome on the day we disembark. Has anyone used a private van/shuttle service rather than paying the expensive transfers offered by the cruise lines? I've looked at 6 different companies, Roma Shuttle appears reasonable for 4 people, has anyone used them? I've read other posts about private services not showing up or late in the reverse direction. We don't want to miss our flights home!!

We used Rome Cabs (www.romecabs.com) to get from Rome to the port. They showed up early at our hotel and drove us right there. We had also used them to get from the airport to our hotel and for a tour around Rome. They were always right on time and very professional. We got Stefano (the owner) for our ride from the airport and the tour around the city and another of his drivers for the ride out to the port.

I have nothing but good things to say about them, they used a small van for our tour, so there was plenty of room to hold 4 people and their luggage.

Except that the question is getting from the port to the airport not the city to the port. we are in the same position end of next may (8 of us).

Good point! Different route may result in different results!

Archived