We Rode With Randi

SharC

Randi- If you are reading this- Thank you,thank you.

We had a wonderful time riding with your wonderful team. I have never read a bad comment about your tours and now I know there is nothing bad to say. Your crew did a wonderful job matching the horses to the riders. I had the horse with liked to be last and that was just fine with me.

The food at Victor's was wonderful and the prices even better.

Even the people that at first were not crazy about the ride said what a great time they had and would do it all over again.

SharC -- Thanks for posting. We are in the process of booking with Randi. How far is Victor's from where Randi keeps the horses. Do you do like a RT ride to end up there, and how much time did you actually spend riding and how much time at the beach. How FAST was the ride?! I'm a little nervous about galloping down the beach!! Thanks for any info you can provide.

You are going to have sooooo much fun :)

You ride for about 1 and a half hours. If you don't want to run don't worry there is more than one guide and he or she will stay behind with you. You do not feel pressured to run/trot.

Randi's is not far from Victor's. Between a 1/4 and 1/2 mile. When riding from Randi's you go down the street and go left to ride on the beach. If you had turned right Victor's would be on your right about 2/10's of a mile. We stayed at Victor's for about 2 hours. Remember your food is cooked to order. We went for a swim while waiting for our food. The water was warm and the waves awesome. If you don't swim order a drink and relax on one of the hammocks they have. My cousins husband was sorry he didn't bring his suit, but did enjoy his beer and hammock time.

I strongly suggest that if you are female you wear a bra. A bathing suit won't cut it. Unless it has good support.

Enjoy and say hi to Randi for us. Tell her the Gorditta's said hi. She has some wonderful stories/information about Mazatlan and People from here on the boards. By the way when are you going? You better book soon she fills up fast.

The lovely Maria, that's right!! And everyone remembers the adult who freaked out and had to hold the saddlehorn and be led the whole ride....hey, the 6 year old on our ride did great!!! Something about age and fear of breaking bones, I guess....

We just returned from a cruise on the Diamond Princess. This was our first time with Randi...She is a riot! Fun, fun, fun, ~ even though she tried to steal my husband (no worries, later I tried to steal her horse.) Randi is a refreshing blast of personality. Randi is rivoting, rambunctious, and ravishing. So full of life. And what stories she has to tell...Make sure you get a listen.

The horses are gorgeous, very well behaved, and yes, "happy." We had the joy of meeting the ponies, who rode along with their mothers. Very sweet experience.

Highly recommended tour. We will be back next year and the year after and the year after...

Cindie

This excursion sounds like so much fun I am glad that I booked for our January cruise. My husband was going to come with me but he has decided to go deep sea fishing instead, I hope I can convince someone else to go along with me. I know there are a couple others already booked from our cruise but I haven't met them yet but I know it would be more enjoyable going with someone you know. I am so glad for these boards and the suggestions I get from them, I have never been lead astray yet and I am sure this is going to be another excursion I am glad I particpited in.

My hubby fished and I rode. Our entire group that met on this board booked her on the same day and filled her up. We had all met on board and had a blast!! Vacations make most people more open and friendly, so book and enjoy!! Randy is Numero Uno !!!

Pelletib - I have booked and plan to have a wonderful time. I have only ridden once before but had a great time. Who did your husband book for his fishing? Did he catch anything? We are giving this fishing expedition as a Christmas gift to two of the four in our group.

I've got my booking made with Randi for my December Mercury trip and am really getting excited. I've never even ridden a horse before, but better late than never. A few things I was wondering ---

Should a guy wear shorts or jeans to ride a horse?

Are running shoes suitable?

Can the horses be as gentle with an inexperienced adult as they would be with a young child?

Dave

Shorts will work but you might want to take a beach towel to sit on (keeps from chafing your thighs if you're in shorts).

Running shoes are fine.

Gentle? Remember that the definition of a horse is a critter that has a leg at each corner, is dangerous at both ends, and is uncomfortable in the middle. Aside from that, they're fine.

Don't have much to add except THANKS to Randi, Toni and Maria who made the ride so much fun. My husband had a blast as did I. I will warn women (even small-chested ones) to wear a sports bra! These are not your typical shuffling trail horses - they want to move!

Shorts and tennies are fine - Randi will put a blanket on the saddle if you need it.

And oh the shrimp at Victor's! YUM!

Definitely bring a swimsuit and towel - there is a place to change at Victor's if you want to swim.

Also got some great silver pieces at a vendor who was set up at Victor's that Randi vouched for - so bring cash if you want to buy jewelry.

You might want to spray bug spray before you get off the ship. Many of the passengers were bit while in port (all doing different excursions).

wherenext,

I can't remember the name of the company and since we just moved, lord only knows what box my photos are in ;( but try the following website

http://www.mazinfo.com/fishing/ There was another guy, Gabriel that has very good reviews. His prices seem in line. I had originally booked the boat solo for him, but 2 other passengers joined in and split the cost. I JUST REMEMBERED !!! vikingsfleet.com Gray comes from the next town over from where we live and he and I emailed back and forth a few times as well as on this board. I called from PV and added the two guys. Bob caught a 240# Blue Marlin. Took over 2 hours to land him. One of the others caught a sailfish. Believe me, it was the highlight of his trip.

Gray knew that I was doing the ride with Randi, and he was waiting at the bottom of the ramp for DH and gave me a hug and said he was finally able to put a face with a name. My DH was just amazed with the skill that Gray's captain handled the boat. That Marlin kept trying to head for the prop to cut the line and (I think his name was Jorge) kept that boat headed away from the way the Marlin was headed. The Marlin was the largest fish caught that day !!

Thank you so much for the informaiton. I just sent out an email to Gray questioning if they have availability, rate information and where they would pick up this excursion. It is a site that I looked at some time ago and couln't find again, you know how that goes when one surfes the internet all the time. I appreciate the other site as well, not sure if we are booking early enough for our January 2nd cruise so might need to check other sites as well. I do know that the Diamond Princess will be in port the same day so we might be too late as others may have already secured his services.

We reserved the 36" cruiser with Gray and the guys are so excited and can't wait for the challenge of catching a marlin or sailfish or any fish for that matter. We currently have only 4 going so room for 2 more if anyone is going to be in Mazatlan on January 5, 2005. If interested just drop me an email and we can work it out. Time is moving so quickly I won't get all my Christmas completed and we will be on the cruise.

Archived