Compass Rewards Program Ends

Host Kewlguy

For those of you who are just shy of 500 or 1000 points come this December and you have scheduled a cruise next year.

You have the option of making a partial payments towards that cruise or cruses, you would receive 4 points/$100. Remember you can only receive a max of 125 points per month.

For those of you who are just shy of 500 or 1000 points come this December and you have scheduled a cruise next year.

You have the option of making a partial payments towards that cruise or cruses, you would receive 4 points/$100. Remember you can only receive a max of 125 points per month.

Thought it was 250 per month - can anybody verify?

• 2 weeks later...
This should answer some of the questions

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

Well they answered everything execpt what will happen with orphaned points (i.e. those short of a certificate level).

I am glad they officially extended the use date to January 31, 2011 as I was worried I might have to cancel my Feb 2010 Mexican Riviera cruise. Now we can keep it as our final steeply discounted cruise!

Well they answered everything execpt what will happen with orphaned points (i.e. those short of a certificate level).

I am glad they officially extended the use date to January 31, 2011 as I was worried I might have to cancel my Feb 2010 Mexican Riviera cruise. Now we can keep it as our final steeply discounted cruise!

I'm glad they extended the date, too. I have $2000 of rewards certificates that I am eligible to receive right now and I just started into the next $500 point range. I'm hoping that I can go ahead and get a lot of things charged early and do some other things to get the points rolling in before the points changeover. Hope to make it to $2500!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to locate a copy of the Compass Rewards Program rules. If you have a copy would some one please look the information about cancelation of a cruise when you have applied you Certificates to your final payment. Had to cancele 5 days before my cruise and I am now trying to file with my travel insurance company.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

I am trying to locate a copy of the Compass Rewards Program rules. If you have a copy would some one please look the information about cancelation of a cruise when you have applied you Certificates to your final payment. Had to cancele 5 days before my cruise and I am now trying to file with my travel insurance company.

I believe what you're looking for is the CRUISE Rewards program ... Compass Rewards is the Norwegian Credit Card ...

Hi, I found the Compass Rewards rules 2-3 years ago and saved them. AFAIK, these rules still apply under BOA. Here is a small quote that pertains to what you are asking.

"No exchanges or refunds for no shows or unused portions of cruise arrangements obtained with use of a certificate."

This does not seem to auger well for your case. In the past I have looked into travel insurance and found that for the purpose of paying a claim, most (all?) insurance companies discount the value of all rewards travel to zero. Perhaps this means that you ought to get a partial refund on the premium that you paid for this trip? Why pay for the portion of the insurance that won't pay off?

Sorry that I cannot offer more encouraging information.

Howard

after our Jewel bill was added to our MC. So we will put the card in the safe til they change cards since we have 250 points and will not get to 500 in a month. So I am expecting a $250 credit for next cruise.

So HiltonHHonors Signature Visa wins tho airport clubs are no longer included, only Platinum AMEX card. But 3,5,10 points per dollar for folks who are HH longer than 10 years with Silver membership level,

after our Jewel bill was added to our MC. So we will put the card in the safe til they change cards since we have 250 points and will not get to 500 in a month. So I am expecting a $250 credit for next cruise.

So HiltonHHonors Signature Visa wins tho airport clubs are no longer included, only Platinum AMEX card. But 3,5,10 points per dollar for folks who are HH longer than 10 years with Silver membership level,

You've always needed to have 500 points in order to get anything but an upgrade certificate. Unless they've decided to "cash out" the remaining points in the forms of certificates that you can apply to the cost of your cruise, I wouldn't count on that $250 credit.

I honesly did not read every post in here so sorry if this has been asked but some people are talking about for example, having 600 points and getting a $500 cert. and a 100pt upgrade cert. but those are not combinable are they? So if you had 600 pts. wouldn't you really be loosing that 100 also since you couldn't combine and it would make more sence to use the $500 cert?

Can someone clarify that for me.

amex just sent me a cash card that is 5% after 6500 in charges per year.....I think that is where I am going. i would get an Amex plat but at $300 per year I don't travel by plane that much to justify it....

The "Blue Cash" AMEX card is what we've decided on too, Sid. Although AMEX isn't as widely accepted as Visa & MC, for our purposes, it's probably the best we've found so far.

Arizonadarlene: I may be able to spark a little hope in your day. Not the same scenario but just proof that they can give certificates back. We booked out 11 day cruise for about $1780. We used our $250 cruise rewards certificate and 3 compass reward for $500 each. About three weeks before our cruise, the price dropped drastically, NCL was wonderful enough to reduce our fare by $530. They refunded our cc $30 but said they could not refund the other $500 since we paid with compass rewards. Therefore, they had the 500 points credited back to our BOA credit card. So in a sense, they refunded our compass reward that we did not use. Anything is possible. Good Luck.

Nerd-guy thank you so much for your help with the Compass Rewards rules. I am pursuing my insurance claim and am somewhat hopeful. I just found out that NCL charges $75 to send me a letter listing my deposit and final payment. That seems like a lot of money for a letter but may have to pay it.

Thanks again.

Darlene

rpbcouple: Thank you for your reply. Do you remember who you dealt with at NCL. I booked our trip online with itakeatrip.com but they can not help me with the Compass Rewards issue. As I mentioned in my posting to Nerd-guy I have talked to Payment Services but they really don't handle the Compass Rewards or the Cruise Rewards. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Darlene

rpbcouple: Thank you for your reply to my question. Do you recall who you talked with at Ncl? I booked online with Smartcruiser.com and they are unable to help me with getting information about the Compass Rewards or the Cruise Rewards. I have talked to Payment services but the only thing they have told me is that I lost the Rewards and that I will have to pay $75 to get a letter listing my down payment , my final payment and any refund that I received. This is the information my insurance my insurance company needs. It is so easy to buy the insurance but it sure is difficult to collect. Thanks again.

Darlene

rpbcouple: Thank you for your reply to my question. Do you recall who you talked with at Ncl? I booked online with Smartcruiser.com and they are unable to help me with getting information about the Compass Rewards or the Cruise Rewards. I have talked to Payment services but the only thing they have told me is that I lost the Rewards and that I will have to pay $75 to get a letter listing my down payment , my final payment and any refund that I received. This is the information my insurance my insurance company needs. It is so easy to buy the insurance but it sure is difficult to collect. Thanks again.

Darlene

Whoever you booked with should give you an invoice that lists all payments. I'm confused! :confused:

Nerd-guy thank you so much for your help with the Compass Rewards rules. I am pursuing my insurance claim and am somewhat hopeful. I just found out that NCL charges $75 to send me a letter listing my deposit and final payment. That seems like a lot of money for a letter but may have to pay it.

Darlene, Not sure since you have cancelled your cruise whether it will still be on this NCL site but I can go to the European NCL site https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/sw/ConsumerIndex.do and log in as a UK citizen and see all my info including deposits, cost,sale codes, etc. whereas I can not do this on the US NCL site since I am booked through a TA. It might be worth a try.

rpbcouple: I have talked to Payment services but the only thing they have told me is that I lost the Rewards and that I will have to pay $75 to get a letter listing my down payment , my final payment and any refund that I received. This is the information my insurance my insurance company needs. It is so easy to buy the insurance but it sure is difficult to collect. Thanks again.

Darlene

Darlene, the letter would only be worth $75 if it obscures the fact the you paid X dollars of the trip in Compass Rewards. The Cruise Rewards (if any) would remain at $250 since this is not a travel award, but a down payment that actually came out of your pocket. I would think that NCL could transmit the payment information by email without charge. Then you could print it. This is how I received my invoice from the travel agent when I made a claim 2 years ago. Perhaps you have this information in your email program's database?

Good luck, Howard

Just wondering about these "upgrades". I have only 299 points on my card. Would the reward for an upgrade be the same sort of upgrade I get in the mail all the time from NCL as a way of saying thank you for sailing with NCL? Also what kind of upgrade is 299 points worth?

Just wondering about these "upgrades". I have only 299 points on my card. Would the reward for an upgrade be the same sort of upgrade I get in the mail all the time from NCL as a way of saying thank you for sailing with NCL? Also what kind of upgrade is 299 points worth?

My advice: you can make up the 201 points in the next 2 months. I'd go for it. Don't buy so much as a Snickers bar without the NCL card. There is a thread on the NCL forum: "Get the most out of your NCL BoA Card while you can". Look it over; it has good ideas like buying gift cards at any of the big retailers or grocery stores for spending in January and Feb. The beauty of the card was that it earns for everything except balance transfers. Be careful that there is no fee for using it like our county has for paying property taxes. You will need to rack up $3350 per month to make your $500 award, or you'll leave the $299 on the table.

Good luck, Howard

Archived