Solstice April 5th Cruise

cruiser53

Hi,

A group of us will be on this Solstice cruise, we are very excited about cruising on the Solstice, we are all booked in Aqua Class. Is anyone else out there going to be on this cruise....... Let us know...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cruiser53

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Yes, there are others going on this trip! I started a post back in April of 07 for this trip and no one posted on it so I am glad to see someone is taking up the charge. I am going along with my two friends from San Diego and my best friend might join us as well. We are also on the Aqua class level! Keep in touch as it will be fun to know some people before we go.

Scott

Hi Scott,

By any chance were you on the QM2 for the Christmas/New Years cruise back in 2004, I remember meeting a Scott that was from San Diego, that was traveling with a large group, if I remember correctly it was one of the groups birthday, and his partner took all his freinds on the cruise. Would'nt that be a coincidence.

We are looking forward to this trip on the Solstice, we keep looking at the new pictures coming out, it looks beautiful, and we are also anxious about the Aqua Class and eating in Blu every night.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tony

Hi Guys!

My partner and I just moved to San Diego from Seattle last month. We also remember meeting a nice couple from San Diego on one of our cruises several years ago.

Scott, if this is you, I would love to hear from you.

I used to be DWNTWNSEAGUY on this message board but have changed it to reflect our new location.

We've not yet booked this cruise but are seriously considering it. We are looking at the prices of airfare and it's a bit discouraging. However, the price for the cruise is so good that all in all, it's still a great value.

If we do book, we will also be booking a spa class room. I hope to hear from you and I'll keep you posted regarding our booking.

Cheers!

John

Hi John,

The prices are a little high, but they just came down about $100 2 weeks ago, which was great, and Im sure they may be going down again, even if your booked you will get the reduced fare as long as either you or your travel agent find out about it. It would be great to have a group on this trip. We live in Florida, but our group of 8 consists of people from , London, Australia, Oregon, and New Jersey along with ourselves, so it should be quite fun. Hope you can join us.

Tony

Hi Tony, sounds like you've got a great group going. It's always nice to know ahead of time that there will be other family members aboard.

We have been watching the prices on this cruise for a while and seeing them drop a bit. We've used an online discounter now for many years - she's in Florida as well, and they have always come through with the lowest price.

I'll keep you posted as to our progress on this - we just moved to San Diego, STILL have our house in Seattle for sale. We had a 2 week South American cruise booked but with two house payments and move expenses, that is just too much for us to bite off right now. So this cruise would be our replacement cruise.

Cheers!

John

Hi Scott,

good to hear back from you even though you are not from San Diego, where are you from. We look forward to meeting you all on the cruise, we are really looking forward to this cruise and all the new things going on on board.

Regards

Tony

HI Tony,

I actually live in the exciting metropolis of Cleveland, Ohio. Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and that's about it....haha.

I am looking forward to meeting you and the others planning on cruising. I am very excited to be on the Solstice and being in the Aquaclass. They should have worked out all the bugs by then ... hopefully!

HI Tony,

I am from Cleveland, the excitement capital of the northeast. I too am looking forward to meeting all of you as well as being on the new ship. They should have worked out all the bugs by then...I hope!

Hi Scott,

Nice to hear back from you, Clevland, thats cool. it must be getting cold up there now, we live in Flroida, in Boca Raton, it rarely gets cool here, sometimes we crave for a littl cold weather, but we cant have everything. We are also looking forward to meeting you and your freinds, it should be a great cruise, and we are really looking forward to this Aqua Class and eating in the BLU restaurant.

Regards

Tony

HI Tony

Yes it is 37 degrees tonight in Cleveland but I do understand how Florida can sometimes have challenging weather but at least you don't have snow! I too look forward to meeting everyone and I am sure we will chat several times before the big departure day. We will have to meet for a sailaway drink on the pool deck!

Hi Guys, my partner and I are now booked on an AquaClass stateroom on this cruise.

We just recently moved to San Diego from Seattle. We'll be flying into Fort Lauderdale on the Saturday before the cruise so would be interested in knowing where you all are staying prior to the cruise. Unfortunately though, we have to head back to San Diego the Sunday of disembarkation.

We are both in our mid forties but we like to think we look and act younger - haha!!!

We are SO looking forward to this cruise and meeting you guys. Looks like we will have quite a contingent in the Blu dining room!

Cheers!

John & Steven in San Diego

Hi John, Steven & Scott,

Great to hear that you will be joining us on the Solstice. here is our cast of characters:

Tony & Frank - Boca Raton, Florida

Paul - London

Gary - Oregon

Edward & Neville - Adelaide Australia

Scott & Ben - New Jersey

John & Steven - San Diego

Scott - Cleveland

Scotts' friends - San Diego

Glad you were able to book this cruise. We look forward to meeting you all, and its terrific that we will all be in Aqua Class. As far as where we are staying, We live in Florida 1/2 hour from the port, some of our friends traveling with us will be staying at our house prior to the cruise, my freinds from NY will most probably be flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day of the cruise. Are you all arrving in Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise? We will have to set up a meeting place for drinks on the first day of the cruise, obviously we have time for that.

Maybe we can set up a CC cocktail party if we have enough people, I will have to find out how that works. Our group is all in our 40's & 50's.

Note: A few weeks ago I was contacted by Celebrity' Captains Club to inquire if I would like to participate in a focus group for some new systems going on on the Solstice, of course I did, it was great, I am under a secrecy but lets just say what we tested was terrific and I think it will make the Solstice unique and fun.

Scott what are your freinds names so we can keep an official record on our Board.

Regards

Tony

Hey Scott and Tony,

This is so cool that we have such a nice sized group going.

We live in Point Loma by Shelter Island. Hillcrest is about 5 miles inland from us so not far at all. We were just there today getting our hair cut :)

We met two guys from SD several years ago - of course it's probably not Keven and Dean but it would be amazing if it was. We just moved here from Seattle and are always up for meeting new friends.

Tony, how cool to be a part of a focus group - have you sailed Celebrity before? This will be our first cruise on Celebrity so will be a brand new experience for us.

This will be our 4th time taking a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale - it's one of our favorite cities. Hmm, so far we stayed at the Renaissance, Hyatt Pier 66, and the Riverside. The Riverside was a bit, how shall I say, dated BUT I have to say being to have Las Olas Blvd right there and shop was fantastic AND we had a fabulous meal sitting outside at the hotel so I would have to say that I would stay there again for the right price :).

Well, this is a ways off but it's so nice to be in touch ahead of time and have something to look forward to.

Cheers!

John in San Diego

Hi John, Steven & Scott,

Great to hear back from you all. I have updated our little chart it looks like as of right now we have 13. I’m sure we will have more by the time we leave.

John, Frank and I have been on Celebrity about 6 times, we love the line and its great that Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have now merged so we kind of get perks from both of them since we have been on Royal Caribbean over 20 times.

Regarding the focus group, it was awesome, since I am a Captains Circle member and live in Florida I guess I was selected at random to participate in their focus group, it was so interesting, I wish I could talk about it but I had to sign a confidentiality agreement so I better not. Lets just say it was very cool stuff and I’m sure we will all be impressed once on board.

We live about half hour north of Ft. Lauderdale, so it makes it very easy for cruising and travel. Friends of ours from NY are traveling with us in Dec, we are going on the QM2 for a Christmas/New Years cruise, since I will have a full house with other friends staying with us they are staying at the Riverside Hotel, on Las Olas, it’s a smaller hotel but looks great, I don’t know if that might help you.

Tony & Frank - Boca Raton, Florida

Paul - London

Gary – Koos Bay, Oregon

Edward & Neville - Adelaide Australia

Scott & Ben – Maplewood, New Jersey

John & Steven -Point Loma, San Diego

Scott - Cleveland

Kevin & Dean – Hillcrest San Diego

Looking forward to speaking to you all soon.

Ciao

Tony

HI guys,

I have cruised Celebrity 5 times and love it. I have done Royal and Carnival. Carnival isn't my cup of tea and Royal is ok I guess. I only went on the Monarch of the Seas for a short 4 day trip, twice. So, I guess it isn't fair to judge on one ship.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone -

This is Dean (as in Scott's friend) chiming in from San Diego! It is great to see such a large group already excited to go. I have been watching the photos roll out on the Solstice and it gets me SOOO excited. We actually cruise on the new Independence (Royals newest) a month earlier and it will be interesting to compare the 2. I know, it is a little decadent, but the one in february is with Family (my parents 45th) and this one is for us!

John and Steven - what ships have you been on? We are pretty active cruisers - but I am horrible with names.

Definitely should hook up for drinks - either before getting on the ship - or pick a location once we get on board!

Hi Dean,

Yes we are also looking forward to seeing the Solstice, I have seen all the new pictures of her, when she arrived in Ft. Lauderdale last week, looks beautiful. My freinds who will be joining us from Australia are very excited also, they have never been on celebrity before so they are looking forward to the cruise.

We will definitley need to all meet up for a drink the first day of the cruise, maybe after muster, we will make final plans when we get closer to the date.

Regards

Tony

Hi Dean, Steven and I recently moved to San Diego from Seattle.

Let's see, we've been on the following ships that I'm wondering if we might have met you on at some point. Did you guys used to live downtown? I think that's where they guys lived that we met. At any rate, it would be nice to meet you sometime if you'd be up for that since we are nearby. Hope to hear from you.

Star Princess

Emerald Princess

Island Princess

Noordam

Oosterdam

Westerdam

Carnival Spirit

RCI Jewel of the Seas

RCI Radiance of the Seas

Norwegian Jewel

Norwegian Dawn

Norwegian Star

Queen Victoria

Hey John, no it wasn't us - never been on any of those cruise ships. Although - we were on a Celebrity cruise several years ago with a Tony from FL - wasn't you by any chance Tony?

Anyway - John and Steve, I agree, we should hook up sometime for a drink. We are hoping Scott may be coming out for New Years, maybe we could hook up at that time (or earlier!)

Counting down the days 'til April!

Hi Dean,

Well its possible it was me the Tony from Florida, my partner Frank and I have been on many Celebrity cruises along the years, do you rememeber which cruise you are thinking about. I dont remember which cruises we were on but I can check once I get home, we have been on so many cruise its a blurr now, I don't frankly remember meeting a Dean though, I think I would have remembered the name, but I am not sure, give me some more info if you have it and I will chack on my end to see if indeed it was me.

Ciao

Tony

Hello Everyone:

My name is Neil and my partner is Jerry. To our surprise -- we were very happy to see all of the activity on the Solstice for this first week in April. We have gone on numerous cruises and very rarely met people through this gay section of this website but mostly onboard ship.

We have also attended many of the cc parties with 30-50 people and it was wonderful. We just became "Elite" Captian's Club Members and had a most memorable Northern Europe cruise on Celebrity this past summer. The food and service were excellent. The Senior Officers were great.

We have not booked our reservations, as of yet, primarily due to the fact we only live about 35-40 minutes from Port Everglades, we usually make the reservations on the later side.

You all sound like a lot of fun and we hope to be joining you. Hope everyone keeps warm - the cruise is only 4 1/2 months away.

Neil & Jerry:)

Archived