GOOD XMAS GIFT: Panama Canal on Brillance 1/2/06?

leighuf

I need advice:

I'm thinking of putting a deposit on the Panama Canal 11 day cruise on RCCL's Brillance of the Seas (roundtrip out of Miami) for my husband as a Christmas gift. We haven't been to any of the ports of call on this cruise and I've heard such wonderful reviews on the Brillance & Panama that I think it's a smart move.

Has anyone been on this cruise . . . it stops in Labadee, Hispaniola; Oranjestad, Aruba; Willemstad, Curacao; Panama Canal (Cruising); Cristobal Pier, Panama; AND Puerto Limon, Costa Rica.

I've never purhcased cruise insurance nor have purchased directly through RCCL. The prices are the same at RCCL and internet travel sites so why not book direct? Also, should I book insurance? We will not be flying into Miami (driving instead so no lost luggage issues) and we are both young (in our 20s so hopefully no health issues). We've been on 4 cruises before and have never purchased insurance. BUT, we've also NEVER booked this far in advance.

Advice and reviews appreciated. HELP, Christmas is nearly HERE!

And you have over a year to plan everything. I have no idea of the ports, I've never been there, someone else will have to answer that for you.

Since you have no pre-existing conditions, you really don't have to purchase insurance until you make your final payment. I would not purchase the cruiseline insurance, too expensive and limited. Go to insuremytrip.com and get comparison quotes there.

Have fun planning!

Archived