If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

Good for you! I spent all my cash 2 weeks ago or I'd be all over the current price. I check it a couple of times a day, when I saw the $30-ish I was sick0001.gif

Given the market conditions today CCL stock went down again making it impossible to resist. DH bought more shares today at $30.69. When it goes up we can sell off some of the shares and still hold on to 100 shares for the OBC. I'm thrilled that Carnival offers it's shareholders the $100 OBC. He also bought some RCI at $16.34 a share. :D

Its interesting that people who post at CC don't seem to be feeling the pain of the problems in the economy. There have been a few posts from folks who state they are cutting back, but for most here it seems like business as usual. If the economy is as bad as we are being told an investment in a leisure business is absolutely nuts, but if the bail out turns things around quickly then buying now might prove a smart move. Never wanting to be the first one at a party I am going to wait.

Carnival stock has been very good to me.... I've managed to buy low and sell it high (wish I could do that on all my stocks :o) - - - and here I only got into it when reading about the OBC on this board. My wife and I have managed quite a discount on our last three cruises (one was almost free! - though note - we go cheap) - - - I'm watching it again, and may pull the trigger soon. It's only bright spot I have on this crash - waiting for CCL to drop enough for me to own it again :)

Its interesting that people who post at CC don't seem to be feeling the pain of the problems in the economy. There have been a few posts from folks who state they are cutting back, but for most here it seems like business as usual. If the economy is as bad as we are being told an investment in a leisure business is absolutely nuts, but if the bail out turns things around quickly then buying now might prove a smart move. Never wanting to be the first one at a party I am going to wait.

I would never make a financial purchase if we weren't in a position to do so. I'm sure many people on here are in various places within their lives financially. I've been there done that and with alot of careful budgeting over several years my dh and I are in a place to be able to do these things. My dh and myself have spent years saving, planning and making sound business choices. I am completely frugal in many aspects of life to allow for vacations and such. I don't and won't feel guilty about my ability to make a purchase such as this. We do plan on a long term investment in Carnival and RCI was just too good of a price to ignore. If we did not have the money set aside we would not have considered an investment but it was just sitting in a money market account. BTW for what it's worth we do not have a car payment, personal loans, and our credit cards are used to accumulate cash back credit and NEVER carry a balance. I use coupons and plan our meals according to sales. My years of struggling taught me well :) While I may not want to be the first one at the party .....I dont want to wait so long that I realize it's over when I get there ;)

Carnival stock has been very good to me.... I've managed to buy low and sell it high (wish I could do that on all my stocks :o) - - - and here I only got into it when reading about the OBC on this board. My wife and I have managed quite a discount on our last three cruises (one was almost free! - though note - we go cheap) - - - I'm watching it again, and may pull the trigger soon. It's only bright spot I have on this crash - waiting for CCL to drop enough for me to own it again :)

Dunno how low it has to go, but it is now trading under 30.00.

Dunno how low it has to go, but it is now trading under 30.00.

The 52 week low was 29.22.... I may wait to see if it crashes through that. We're in a new market environment - so new ranges will likely be set.

Hope not. :(

If it goes to low $20s I'm going to try to buy more.

If it does slip under 29 you may not be far off. The low 20's is likely. After 9/11 CCL hit 18.22. I wouldn't expect that since it was the travel industry that was hardest hit at that time (though the economy was stronger in many areas).

Lets hope we don't have the opportunity.

If it does slip under 29 you may not be far off. The low 20's is likely. After 9/11 CCL hit 18.22. I wouldn't expect that since it was the travel industry that was hardest hit at that time (though the economy was stronger in many areas).

Lets hope we don't have the opportunity.

The whole stock market is crazy today. You are right, I hope we don't get a chance to buy at $20.00

Hello All.

I do not know if this question has been addressed...

If you own multiple blocks of 100 shares do you get multiple OBC for the same cabins?? Probably a dumb question

Regards

I'm sorry to say No. Only one stock OBC per cabin. Even if your wife owns 100 shares you only get 1 stock OBC per cabin

The economy isn't affecting my everyday purchases. I don't make a lot, but I live in a low cost area and we live on 1/3 of my pay (little house, little car, not a lot of "stuff"). So gas going up a buck when I only use 20-30 gallons a month..not a big deal. My overall monthly bills haven't gone up much at all. That is why I can can vacation 2-4 times a year.

Now anything to do with stock - well thats in the crapper right now. My 401K is only 5 years old and I've lost all the profit in it and all my employer matches except for $200.

My one retirement stock account is horrible...I am not going to look at it for another 10 years lol Lucky for me it is a tiny penny stock account.

My regular stock account has a lot of Carnival stock in it so it is crappy too.

But I am 33 so I have time to wait it out. I would guess there are others like me whose everyday spending is ok, its just our retirement accounts that have crashed.

I don't know the answer to this, but I'm posting just to be thought provoking:

The current arrangement through CCL Investor Relations, is for shareholder benefits to be available for cruises booked by 2/28/09 (4+ months from now), and departing by 7/31/09 (9+ months from now).

Would you anticipate CCL extending the current offerings beyond that date, or would you anticipate 'revisions' to be made??

People who purchased CCL stock yesterday have already lowered their portfolio by $136 - just in one day. People who bought in the $40s (even the frequent cruisers) don't seem to be breaking even, despite their multiple OBC offerings. I am, very admittedly, not stock market savvy, but after what Jim Cramer said yesterday morning on NBC, I'm going to just keep stuffing mine in the mattress. . . . which, by the way, is NOT as comfortable as the Carnival Comfort mattress. :p

I am really disappointed in Jim. I used to be a fan but him freaking out telling everyone to sell isn't helping any.

And they could of bought it at 29.68 yesterday and just be out pennies per share. Remember, it did peak at $31.76 today, it had quite a range. Great for those with cast iron stomachs flipping it all day long.

I don't know the answer to this, but I'm posting just to be thought provoking:

The current arrangement through CCL Investor Relations, is for shareholder benefits to be available for cruises booked by 2/28/09 (4+ months from now), and departing by 7/31/09 (9+ months from now).

Would you anticipate CCL extending the current offerings beyond that date, or would you anticipate 'revisions' to be made??

People who purchased CCL stock yesterday have already lowered their portfolio by $136 - just in one day. People who bought in the $40s (even the frequent cruisers) don't seem to be breaking even, despite their multiple OBC offerings. I am, very admittedly, not stock market savvy, but after what Jim Cramer said yesterday morning on NBC, I'm going to just keep stuffing mine in the mattress. . . . which, by the way, is NOT as comfortable as the Carnival Comfort mattress. :p

I sold my RCL a few weeks ago. I had 84 shares. I put it in something else, it went up. When RCL went down to 21.31 a share I was able to buy 101 shares with my money I got for the original 84 shares I sold. I don;t think I will be doing anymore buying and selling for a while. This market is just to crazy for me

The economy isn't affecting my everyday purchases. I don't make a lot, but I live in a low cost area and we live on 1/3 of my pay (little house, little car, not a lot of "stuff"). So gas going up a buck when I only use 20-30 gallons a month..not a big deal. My overall monthly bills haven't gone up much at all. That is why I can can vacation 2-4 times a year.

Now anything to do with stock - well thats in the crapper right now. My 401K is only 5 years old and I've lost all the profit in it and all my employer matches except for $200.

My one retirement stock account is horrible...I am not going to look at it for another 10 years lol Lucky for me it is a tiny penny stock account.

But I am 33 so I have time to wait it out. I would guess there are others like me whose everyday spending is ok, its just our retirement accounts that have crashed.

You're not alone on the 401k pain... having been through this process a time or two - I always kick myself for not being more of an oracle :o - but, unless you think the country itself is dooooomed - it will come back, it always does.... I keep buying into my 401k - at a much better price now. No sense in locking in my losses.

By the way, on Cramer's show it's largely overlooked that he also said;..."if you don't need the money for five years, then leave it alone."

This quarter is going to be ugly for the economy - but the real test for Carnival will be the next couple of quarters as the financial meltdown ripples through business. Will people be canceling cruises? - Will harder credit keep people from credit card purchases? (which is the majority of cruise payments) etc ~~~

In the mean time - I'm leaving Saturday!!!!! - And I ain't thinkin' of any of it for a wonderful week ~~~~ I may be living in a box next year, but for now I'll be in Caribbean heaven~~~~ :):):)

You have age on your side. Seems like you have everything going your way. My 401 is down about 25% for the year and it is a 20 year old plan. I am not worried other than it may postpone my retirement by a few years.

We too will continue to vacation and cruise as our motto has always been to "live cheap and travel well".

I am in the process of moving some cash to an online account so I can take advantage of the low CCL stock prices.

Archived