Collection of Cruise Cards when Disembarking

rcacace

Oh I hope not!

My S&S Cards are always a part of my memories... and stay in a special drawer with some other mementos.

If that is the case, I may just have to "lose mine" halfway through the cruise, and get issued another one .... ;)

(I can see it now.... the line to the pursars desk a mile long, for crazy people like me getting duplicate cards..... no wonder why cruise prices are creeping up!)

Catrin

Oh I hope not!

My S&S Cards are always a part of my memories... and stay in a special drawer with some other mementos.

If that is the case, I may just have to "lose mine" halfway through the cruise, and get issued another one .... ;)

(I can see it now.... the line to the pursars desk a mile long, for crazy people like me getting duplicate cards..... no wonder why cruise prices are creeping up!)

Catrin

That's what most people on Princess will be doing in the future if they continue the practice.

I have all of mine, including two from Princess, but I've heard certain ports require that they be taken at the end of the cruise. I think I remember LA being one of them but I'm not certain. I'm afraid I'd 'lose' mine, sometime during the cruise and have to get a replacement if I knew I was debarking at a port that takes them. I, like many cruisers, save mine as a memory of the cruise.

I hope not!!!! m2hmad2.gif

I still have all mine and they are all in scrapbooks. They would have to fight me for mine.

Do you think they would refuse to let you off the ship if you didn't hand it over? Hmm, now that's a thought . . . thinking.gif

It was a little hard to say "I've lost it" after inserting it in the machine. We were the only ones checking out at the time but if I'd have seen them collecting others in front of me I would have said "oops where that card". :rolleyes:

Some Princess ships are doing this, e.g. the Star did so on our Alaska cruise last May, but the Caribbean Princess did not last November. There has been a lot of discussion about this on the Princess board. I, and a lot of others are doing precisely what has been suggested when sailing Princess; "lose" your card during the cruise, and get a replacement. With this in mind, I really don't think other lines will want to implement a similar policy.

In 2006 I disembarked off the Golden Princess in San Juan and was able to keep my card.

In 2007 I was on the Star Princess and we disembarked in Ft. Lauderdale and they took them from us.

So we will see in May if they take them from us off Carnival Victory in San Juan.

Some Princess ships are doing this, e.g. the Star did so on our Alaska cruise last May, but the Caribbean Princess did not last November. There has been a lot of discussion about this on the Princess board. I, and a lot of others are doing precisely what has been suggested when sailing Princess; "lose" your card during the cruise, and get a replacement. With this in mind, I really don't think other lines will want to implement a similar policy.

After losing my first card in SF aboard the Dawn in July I've made up my own mind that I will lose mine on all cruise ships, any cruise line in any disembarkation port just in case they implement the policy again. :mad: I suggest that anyone who wants to keep theirs to do likewise.

I'm not a collector kind of guy, so if they do happen to request to keep my S&S at the end of upcoming sailings, they can certainly have it/them.

Maybe it's something in their global attempts to be a 'greener' industry, and adding this to their plastics recycling programs. Of course, that's just a guess.

We have always been able to keep our cards except once. That was returning on the Miracle into Ft Lauderdale. Two yrs ago their machine used for that final punch out to get off the ship was down and they took our cards. Since then we always lose our cards and get a replacement.

Recently Princess cruise ships have begun to collect the cruise cards when disembarking some of their ships. Has anyone on Carnival had a similar experience lately? :confused:

Princess did that to me on my 2006 cruise.. but I knew ahead of time .. so I claimed I "lost" my card... they gave me a new one.. I gave them the new one when I got off and I still took the "lost" one off the ship with me!!!

Carnival didn't take my Fantasy card though this january!

Archived