Laundry on ship

Do they wash everything in hot or warm or how have people found the laundry on the ship? I wash pretty well all our stuff in cold and don't want everything to shrink/fade whatever.

I guess the $20 bag special is mostly for socks and underwear, t-shirts, but not really pants or dresses or what have others experienced? I also read the $20 special is washed in hot water.

Thanks Deb

I have no idea what temperature they wash your clothes in, but the items that we placed in the $20 bag special all came back very clean and neatly folded. We used it at the end of the cruise and came home with freshly laundered clothes and far less dirty laundry than usual. We have always been pleased with their laundry services and feel that the prices that they charge are well worth it.:)

We travel very light. The $20 bag is stuffed fill of everything we can. Remember the items are not ironed, just folded. So if you want dress pants cleaned and pressed this is not the way to go. I've put in jeans, shorts, shirts, underwear, anything I could and was happy with the results. BTW, at home, I don't ever use the warm cycle.

Heather

The ship does a great job with the laundry. The $20 bag is for underwear, t's, socks, pj's. The clothes come back clean and folded.

They also do a great job on shirts, pants, jeans etc. They all come back folded or hung-up.

If you plan correctly you can keep yourself from over packing, which I do and I am trying to fix.

Have a great cruise.:)

On our 2 week cruise we had 3 opportunities to use $20 option (didn't know there would be 3 to be truthful). Used the one mid way for underwear, socks and PJs and was perfectly happy with the service.

DD had to use the main service for her cream denim jacket (a number of monkeys on Gibralter left their paw marks all over it) and it came back as good as new..... really impressed.

Do they wash everything in hot or warm or how have people found the laundry on the ship? I wash pretty well all our stuff in cold and don't want everything to shrink/fade whatever.

I guess the $20 bag special is mostly for socks and underwear, t-shirts, but not really pants or dresses or what have others experienced? I also read the $20 special is washed in hot water.

Thanks Deb

I used the $20 bag special on our last cruise based on what I read here. All I can tell you is that you should not put anything that might get ruined. Yes, a good value, but next time, I would just put socks, t-shirts and underwear if you don't mind people touching those..........

I used the $20 bag special on our last cruise based on what I read here. All I can tell you is that you should not put anything that might get ruined. Yes, a good value, but next time, I would just put socks, t-shirts and underwear if you don't mind people touching those..........

What did they ruin?

What did they ruin?

Okay, my fault, I put a sweater type thing and I should not have. All I am saying is that I don't think for $20 you should expect that they will detemine that somethihng should be done in cold water and not put in a dryer. MY BAD. Great value for other types of laundry.

This $20 bag special is new to me. How is it offered? Is there a schedule or is it random? How big is the bag? Has anyone had anything shrink? Or colors run? Any experiences would be great to hear.

We've only cruised Disney and they have self service laundry which is great. There are even irons available, very convenient. I've always done my laundry before we get off the ship and come home with clean clothes.

Sandra

We got a bag slightly larger than the size of a good UK supermarket plastic bag and a list of items to number for contents.... underwear, pairs of socks, pairs of pyjamas, T-shirts and something else..... I forget sorry..... you could stuff it as full as you like. It clearly stated that the contents would not be singled out and that it was understood by the guest that the items would only be folded and not pressed. They were returned 48 hours later.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Deb

The $20 bag has a very specific listing of what can go in, mostly pjs, tshirts, shorts, socks and underwear. Anything else needs custom laundry. If you have special instructions, just write it right on the bag. I sent out several pairs of pants that can't be dried on anything but low heat. Most came back just fine but one pair shrunk a tiny bit. All in all, they do a good job. I had to ask for the $20 bag. Our cabin steward said that now it's only available on request.

2P.P1

We unknowingly used the $20 special last week and to be honest, would have waited another day had we known. Socks and underwear are fine, so if you have more than $20 worth of underwear, go for it. But, we separated the 2 bags between my husbands stuff and mine, his nice T shirts and Polo style shirts were laundered and folded, not very nicely I might add. He likes his clothes nicely pressed, not folded. The other times we sent them out to be laundered, they were pressed and hung on hangers.

My bag contained womens blouses to be laundered and pants to be dry cleaned. Everything in that bag was done a lot nicer than the $20 bag.

All that and we only saved $2.50 :rolleyes: So, bottom line is to be careful about what you put in the bargain bag ;)

We will be sailing for the first time on RCCL's Indy on Nov., 6th out of Southamton. Does anyone know if the $20.00 laundry bag deal is applicable on this new ship? Thanks for any replies.

Kerry:)

I had to ask our cabin steward about it. He told me that it's only available on request now. Whether or not that's the case on all ships, I can't say.

2P.P1

Archived