QV On Board Shopping

cruiseonly

Cruiseonly,

I am diving into an area of which I have absolutely zero knowledge, but I've just consulted with She Who Must be Obeyed and she informs me that she was a little disappointed in terms of variety and the fact that none of her personal favourites appeared to be on sale. However, she tells me that, at one stage, there were some reasonable looking 2 for 1 offers on sale. On balance, she feels you may be better buying in NY.

J

Does anyone know what the perfume counters are like on QV.

Would it be better to buy in NY at the duty free shop.

Will be visiting Turkey, but I think they have their own brands, and not the French ones.

Does anyone know what the perfume counters are like on QV.

Would it be better to buy in NY at the duty free shop.

Will be visiting Turkey, but I think they have their own brands, and not the French ones.

I bought a bottle of "Eau di Gio" just outside the Spice Market in Istanbul. $56 on the boat and I paid 20 euro (about $35). Guy said to me "black market, from the ships", showed me the label on the bottom. I'm thinking, I don't read bar code! But, took a flyer and, guess what, lovely lady at disembarkation in Venice, whom I was speaking with about a laggard piece of luggage, turns to me and says "are you wearing "Eau di Gio"?" The last time I had put it on with that shirt (yes, I wore it more than once) was 10 days prior. Must be the real stuff!

Archived