San Pedro or Coral Sands Beach Resort for a few hours after an excursion?

Island Annie

I am already booked for an excursion at the Maruba Jungle spa in Belize, but will have about 3 hours to kill after I get back to the tourism village. I'm hoping to hop a water taxi to either San Pedro, or the Coral Sands Beach resort just long enough to look around, rather than getting back onboard.

Which would you suggest & why?

Annie

I would suggest Coral Sands [u][b]only[/b][/u] because it is closer. It will take you 1 hour to travel by water taxi to San Pedro and another hour to return minimum. If you choose to go by air then I would suggest San Pedro. The plane ride is only 15 minutes.

Just to let you know- there is not much to "see" at coral sands beach resort. The beach area is not that large and there are no buildings on site other than a thatched roof bar- no shopping available. The area is still under construction so you can't just wander around- heavy equipment on site. Also when we were there, they shuttled everyone off the island by 2:30pm and closed up shop. Just thought I'd let you know. Anne

Archived