cancelling tours on Journey

minniemax

I have signed up to take the ship's transport into Rome, but the more I read about the ease of getting there by train, the more inclined I am to cancel our reservation for the ship's bus transportation. I was going to wait until we actually got no board ship to cancel. We are not in Rome until the second week of the cruise. Does any one know for sure what Azamara's tour cancellation policy is?

Thanks.

Judy

Hi Judy,

Here are the shore excursion questions on the Azamara site. You can cancel on line or when you board the ship. Read them for yourself to make sure I read them correctly.:)

http://www.azamaracruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Shore+and+Land+Excursions&pagename=faq_questions

Have a wonderful cruise!

We were on the 9/13 Azamara Best of Italy sailing. The last two days of the cruise we were in Livorno. On the 26th there was a rail strike so passengers who wanted to go to Florence on their own had to find another way to get there. One interesting note is that that it was known in advance that a strike was occurring on the 26th, and the passengers were notified in advance.

One interesting note is that that it was known in advance that a strike was occurring on the 26th, and the passengers were notified in advance.

Strikes are usually announced in advance ... here's one site with details: http://www.summerinitaly.com/planning/strike.asp

There was one planned on the day of our Livorno stop on our last Med cruise so we did the "on your own" bus instead, and the next day took the train to Rome and back from Civitavecchia.

Archived