Amsterdam to Budapest in April 2009

farsideb

We are leaving on the Amadaus Diamond on 1 April 2009. Interested to know what the weather was going to be like, being mid-spring. We're from Sydney Australia, so assume it will be cold by our standards. WE have 3 days in Paris pre cruise and 3 days in Prague afterwards. Any suggestions for clothing.

thanks all:rolleyes:

Hi Farside. I can only relate my experience with the European weather in April.

I left Canada Apr. 18th for Paris. Spent 5 days there. It was grey, chilly damp. Didn't really pour rain, but it was misty. I needed a warm weather proof coat, with a scarf and alot of times a hat to protect the hair.

After that we went to Antwerp to pick up the Tulips and Windmills river cruise. The weather for the entire cruise was grey, rainy, misty, generally just not nice.

The nicest day we had and the only day with sun, was our last day in Amsterdam. That was May 4th. Good luck with yours.

Thanks for your reply. Hope we have some nice weather. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Intend to take lots of layers, undergarments, tops, jumpers and coats, hats and gloves. With my luck it will be a heatwave and I'll have nothing to wear.:)

What's it like on the boat, heating wise. Is it warm or cool? :confused:

Archived