Our cruise on the Pride - Dover to Dover

Seabourn-nail

We got back from our cruise late Thursday evening after a long day of traveling.

I'll give you a short review of our cruise on the Pride.

It had been a while since we were there last, but it was wonderful to see quite a few familiar faces.

When we approached the ship on September 18, after our luggage first had been misplaced, we saw already someone waving to us! That really makes you feel welcome. It was Louis from South Africa, who was transferred from the Spirit. Then on the ship we saw a lot of friendly crew members, that we had the pleasure of sailing with before. To mention a few (but forgive me for not naming them all): Jan Stearman (and her husband Dan who also performed a couple of times and did very well) David E., Laurent Lalouer, Daniël Putzhammer, Stefanie, Crina and Monika, Jo, Felipe, Zoltan, Robert, Ian, Sanli etc.

We have been very lucky regarding the weather. The first 12 days we had no rain at all. And no strong winds either. The ports we visited were mostly nice and some we had not visited before.

We really liked Liverpool and the special Seabourn experience. We had tea in the Palm House, where we were welcomed by the lord Maire. There was a string quartet playing and a jazzy type of band.

We had a lot of meetings with friends: In Amsterdam, Liverpool, Belfast, Dublin and while in Cork we rented a car and drove two hours to the West Coast to meet friends (neighbors of us) there.

The service on board was very good. And so was the food. Well done chef Cockburn! We also liked the food in "2" very much and tried that venue quite a few times, also because sometimes it was not easy to get a table in the dining room (for two and around 20.30).

We also got to know some very nice guests. Quite a nice mixture of people (apart from a few who were extremely rude to me - don't ask further, because I won't answer!).

It was the first time we sailed with captain Anderssen and he turned out to be a very nice man with a great sense of humor.

Crina had her final Club Party, because she is leaving Seabourn and will get married. I took some nice photos of her and some others of the crew and may create a photo show when I have more time. Still have to upload them though.

I hope I gave you some idea about this cruise and already look forward to our next one on the Legend (fingers crossed!).

Marja

Hi Marja,

Thanks for the Pride review!! It is great to see names of people that I know and hopefully will still be onboard in October. The way the crew transfer from ship to ship occasionally makes it still feel like home even for the first time on a different ship. My first cruise on the Spirit earlier this year was more like a home coming with all the staff I had met on the Pride and Legend from earlier cruises.

Was the menu different than the usual menu? I am hoping that the new Chef brought new tastes & recipes with him, and will hopefully depart a bit from the same old, same old.

Archived