Not for everyone !

rob6465

As far as the conditions of the ship, it is important to remember you have at least 3000 people a day on the ship. I know it's a chore just to clean up after 5 people in my house, so i cant imagine having to maintain a ship that large. I think the staff on these ships do a great job, and at times especially throughout Ike can feel underappreciated at times.

Absolutely! That is why they put the boats in dry dock every once in awhile to spruce it up. I wish someone would put my house in dry dock and replace carpet and bedding and add new TV's!

I remembered my first cruise and walking onboard and looked around and was amazed. I soaked it all in and then happily took the Funship Special and enjoyed every single minute of it. We have friends who want to rent a house somewhere on a beach with several couples and me and my DH say, no, don't think so. That would require cooking, shopping for food, making my bed. No, thanks for asking but only cruising for now on! Life is too short to complain about everything.

Wonderful story...After I read it I looked to read the negative review (I'm a 57 yr male and I always read those because I am so fascinated to see what people get bent out of shape about). In the negative review there was the comment 'I was not expecting Carnival to live up to...'. When you go in thinking it will be bad, you usually find you're right. That is why I go in thinking about how much there is in life to thankful for as well as an open sushi bar open every evening.

By the way, worn carpets are a sign that the ship is well traveled...a good sign in my book. And that is why they go into dry dock every so often.

I've never sailed on Conquest. I do have a trip planned on Liberty late next year. Can't wait for that. I AM sure it will be great!

LFTM

Thanks for sharing Rob. My husband like you is a very serious "work focused" person and a retired Marine who had an aversion to ships. I finally got him on a cruise and he loved it, after exploring the whole ship, not smelling diesel fumes and was amazed at the cleanliness. For my purposes so far his cell phone, blackberry and computer are off limits when we are out of the country. We will be on the Splendor in Nov and the Sensation for annual spring break cruise with 13yo granddaughter. GD has been spring break cruising since 5yo and will not even consider any other option. I too wonder whether she'll look back one day and realize how lucky she is. Proud that my family is the 4 of 5 who get it. Robin

Rob ~ your mom sounded like she was an amazing woman. Hats off to you for taking her advice and becoming the man she knew you could be. I agree with her philosophy to LIVE FOR TODAY, enjoy life and try to see more of the good things in life than the bad.

So glad you had a fun cruise in honor of your mom.....I'm sure she would have been very happy for that tribute to her. God bless your family.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I LOVE YOUR MOM..

though she s gone her wisdom will remain with you..and your children

will see that in you as they grow..

Archived