Anyone tried a Pier Upgrade recently?

can anyone tell be if there have been any upgrades at the pier available on the explorer recently?

was on explorer about 2 weeks ago. when we checked in we were told to check with the front desk later in the day to see if there were no shows. when we checked at the front desk, we were told the ship was full.

I still think there are certain types of cruises that do not sell out. I was on a Transpacific with only 1300 passengers. Several people I dined with were able to get upgrades from D1 to JS. So it might not be on the poular cruises, but some day when you least expect it.......... Good Sailing, Murf

Getting pier upgrades is an urban legend. They don't happen.

We upgraded from an inside to a balcony cabin on Voyager 7 night Med in Sept 2007 at a total cost of $500. Just asked at the pier co-ordinator's desk:)

Getting pier upgrades is an urban legend. They don't happen.

I have purchased an upgrade at the pier in the past. Granted, it was a couple of years ago but I upgraded on the Explorer from a JS to an OS for $400. Well worth it IMHO.

I have not heard of any complimentary upgrades at the pier. If they happen I am sure they are few and far between.

I have not heard of any complimentary upgrades at the pier. If they happen I am sure they are few and far between.

Yes, I was originally asking about the discounted updates. I knew better than to think there would be complimentary upgrades at the pier. Thanks again to everyone for sharing their experiences. Seems like there still may be some hope!

Archived