Edocs

Betsie

When you get to your port of embarkation, the porters will have blank tags. Just show your porter your edocs, the page where your cabin number is printed, and they will write up tags for you on the spot, as many as you need.

Carol

You don't get luggage tags until you reach the port. I found this very inconvienient as it was hectic enough with traffic all around us and then have to wait and get our luggage tags written up. It took us on our last 3 cruises between 15 & 20 minutes as the porters were busy taking people's luggage. We drive to the port but I wonder how people manage that fly.

When you check in at the airport, pick up some of the airline's cheap luggage tags and put you're cabin number on it. If you can bring one of the black sharpie pens with you it will stand out better. It's not necessary but it might make you feel better and it will give them a second ID on you bag with your room number. Don't forget to put the ship name on there somewhere as well.

When you check in at the airport, pick up some of the airline's cheap luggage tags and put you're cabin number on it. If you can bring one of the black sharpie pens with you it will stand out better. It's not necessary but it might make you feel better and it will give them a second ID on you bag with your room number. Don't forget to put the ship name on there somewhere as well.

Of course you should always tag your luggage with your name and adress in addition to airline tags/cruise ship tags, ......

But you definitely need the cruise line luggage tags for the porters as they only look for these tags first hand. If your luggage don´t carry the cruise line tag it might be rerouted to a false area and not make it´s way on the ship or delivery to your cabin maybe delayed.

On one of my cruises it took a very long time until one of my suitcases arrived at the room although the other one was there quite soon and they had been checked together.

When I got th second one I knew why it took so long. It was because the cruise ship tag was teared of and they had to find out the cabin#.

So I´m sure they deliver first all proper taged bags before they go into searching the destination of the rest.

Of course you should always tag your luggage with your name and adress in addition to airline tags/cruise ship tags, ......

But you definitely need the cruise line luggage tags for the porters as they only look for these tags first hand. If your luggage don´t carry the cruise line tag it might be rerouted to a false area and not make it´s way on the ship or delivery to your cabin maybe delayed.

On one of my cruises it took a very long time until one of my suitcases arrived at the room although the other one was there quite soon and they had been checked together.

When I got th second one I knew why it took so long. It was because the cruise ship tag was teared of and they had to find out the cabin#.

So I´m sure they deliver first all proper taged bags before they go into searching the destination of the rest.

Not in place of but in addition to. If you had the second tag with your room number on it, it might have made confirmation a little easier and you might have received your bag with the tag torn off a little sooner.

At the pier the porters will have luggage tags for you. Those will be placed on the luggage before it's put on the ship.

FWIW, I always put an extra tag on with our cabin number. Maybe it doesn't help but I don't believe it could hurt either. We also put a piece of paper with our tag information on the inside of each suitcase in the event the airlines manage to rip all our luggage tags off and lose our luggage. After flying a few thousand miles and a couple of hundred trips, I've learned that odd things can happen and it's best to have your information on the bag more than once.

Sorry, I misunderstod your first post. Another tag in addition to the cruise line tags is a good idea. I do that too. And I also have a note with my home address, my flight itinerary, the cruise schedule and the airline and cruiseline contact information inside my suitcases. I think it´s just for insurance.

Archived