Caribbean Princess - More Engine Problems

willysgrandma

You must be in Georgia:D

We have had long lines with very few stations with gas but it has improved in the last couple of days thanksfully.

No, but only a state or two away. Here, too, it's getting slowly better, thank goodness, Just in the nick of time, the nearest station to me got some gas -- yay -- but it's not Premium, which is what my car takes. I've been assured by semi-reliable sources that one or two fill-ups with the cheap stuff won't harm the propulsion systems(!) on my beloved red convertible. Should anyone know any differently, please chime in. I can afford to take a cruise or buy a new car, but not both!

I called Princess on this matter of the CB having propusion troubles and I received the answer I had figured on......"We haven't heard a thing", She said. She went on to say "this was the first she had heard of this issue." Mind you I am still bruised and banged up a little from my recent fall from the turnip truck but I kinda think I have been sold a bridge somewhere. Well I hope she continues to hobble around until dry dock.

P.S. anyone need a bridge?

Gary

If you talked to a reservations agent, I would have no doubt that they were not informed of a problem with the Caribbean's propulsion system. That's not their job, selling cabins is what they do...

To those who missed their flight and had to reschedule, did Princess pay for that or was that on your own dime?

Unless they booked through Princess, they won't get any reimbursement or assistance from Princess. Seems like they should since the problem was caused by Princess but really doubt that will happen.

To those who missed their flight and had to reschedule, did Princess pay for that or was that on your own dime?

There was absolutely no mention of that to passengers. Thankfully we drove to the pier, but I heard at least 10 people stating that their airline charged them a $100 per ticket change fee and no one on the ship was saying anything about reimbursement.

To whoever called Princess - all they need to do is read right here (and we know they do) to see those of us who were on the ship stating it happened. We have videotape of the ship moored under the Bridge as well as the half out lights and the darkness in the buffet. My videocamera is dead now, once I get it going I'll post it on You Tube so Princess reps can see it for themselves.

ocean.queen ~

Wow!!!

I can't imagine staying in an inside cabin and having no lights....:eek: Talk about scary!!!!

That is one reason why I always book a balcony.

Being CB is still out there cruising away,

I would recommend to anyone who will be cruising on her to pack a flashlight -- just in case.

Better safe then sorry.

~~~

Only if f Princess went along with the first Dry-docking

none of this would have happened. :rolleyes:

But, nooooo, they keep pushing and pushing her, cha-ching! cha-ching! :rolleyes:

As for us...getting showered and packed up in total darkness is NOT a fun way to end a cruise...really tough to make sure you have your things and yourself gathered together and out of the cabin! The crew were handling the situation fairly well but IMO this should not have happened at all. There has been a propulsion problem with that ship on other occasions...."sandytoes" is absolutely right-on as to how PRINCESS is handling this!!!!! I just wonder what would have happened if we had broken down half way between Halifax and NYC :eek:

Guess great minds don't always think alike! Truth is only the mechanic knows!!

Larry;

Just stopped by to say hello and see how your cruise went. We hope you and Linnette had a great time. Angele & I and Ducky & Thumper have been working on cleaning up after Hurricane Ike and dreaming of our Conquest cruise in March '09. Just need to pay for a new roof, fence and a couple of windows but we came through better than most.

Got to go so calm seas and great cruising,

Texreno & Shotlady

Archived