Tauck Rhine River cruise review

PK227

I didn't think the original poster was negative about Tauck. He really didn't like the ship which was replaced for 2009 to a new one. My friends took the Swiss Sapphire on the Danube with Tauck last year and had a wonderful experience.

To 2travelers,

Sorry your experience on Tauck wasn't up to your expectations. There are a lot of other travel companies out there and it is your money and your choice.

Happy traveling.

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for that wonderful review.We recieved the Tauck brochure and are planning to do there Amsterdam to Budapest for July or August for 2010. We are allready booked this summer for 14 day Med cruise on Oceania. Would like to read your review when you get this summer NEWLONDON.

Acrusa,

We cruised the R-4 (1999) and I think that Oceania is the line that got some of the Rennassaince ships when it closed down. The Azamara got two and made the Azamara Journey and another one.

The R-4 was a beautiful ship. The aft cabins were wonderful and I would recommend them for veranda view. The multiple dining areas on a smaller ship were very nice.

In contrast I would not recommend the aft cabins on the Voyager Class ships of RCI- They made a mistake.

PAST CRUISES: 1.Stella Oceanus 1975 South America, 2. Stella Oceanus 1977 Black Sea and Crimean Peninsula. 3. Mermox 1979 Med. Rome,Sicily,and Nice,Malta. 4. SS Freeport to Gulf Mexico. 5.Vistafjord to Caribbean 1981. 6. Sagafjord to Alaska 1983. 7. Stella Solaris to Aegean, Israel and Egypt 1984. 8. Mississippi Queen out of New Orleans. 9. Nantucket Clipper out of Boston 10. Fairsky to Caribbean 1987. 11. Royal Odyssey Med.& Dubrovnik. 12. Carnivalle to Bahamas 1990. 13. Crown Odyssey to Eastern South America 1991. 14.Monarch of the Seas Eastern Caribbean 1995. 15 Royal Odyssey (Old Royal Viking Sea) Panama Canal 1995. 16 Egypt-Nile River Cruise 1996.

17. Splendour of the Seas- Fjords of Norway 1997. 18 Sun Viking –Orient Cruise 1997.

19. Renaissance R-4 Barcelona-Lisbon 1999. 20. Paradise- Caribbean 1999.

21. Millennium to Baltic Capitals 2000. 22. Summit to Caribbean 2001.

23. Constellation –Fjords of Norway 2002. 24.Horizon –Mexico 2003. 25. Infinity to Alaska 2003. 26. Holiday to Mexico 2003. 27. Infinity -South America Cape Horn 2004. 28. Constellation- Transatlantic 2004. 29.Legend of Seas- Western Caribbean 2005.

30. Millennium- Panama Canal 2006. 31. Rhapsody of Seas- Western Caribbean 2006. 32. Constellation- New England/Canada 2006. 33.Millennium-Caribbean 2007. 34.Voyager of the Seas- Caribbean 35.Mercury- South Pacific 2007.

I didn't think the original poster was negative about Tauck. He really didn't like the ship which was replaced for 2009 to a new one. My friends took the Swiss Sapphire on the Danube with Tauck last year and had a wonderful experience.

To 2travelers,

Sorry your experience on Tauck wasn't up to your expectations. There are a lot of other travel companies out there and it is your money and your choice.

Happy traveling.

Sheila

Hello Sheila,

Joe from the Sheraton Santiago--

I thought the initial poster was very positive about the Tauck tour.

If I had been late on any or our tours, the tour guide would not have had to be rude and chew me out. You would have done it for them:)

Likewise, I would have gotten you also. On tours I have been on, I have very rarely seen anyone hold up the group.

One occassion was a doctor friend of mine in Russia (Odessa) before the wall came down. We were told to stay in the Russian store, but he went around the corner and bought some nice rug, and was late getting back. We all boo-ed him when he got back on the bus.

They got him in customs when he didn't claim he rug.:)

Happy travels

Loved aal the R4 Ships.

Cruises, 1-MTS Constelation Greek Islands 1983, 2-Stella Maris Venice to Nice 1984, 3-Crown Princess Med. 1990, 4- Windstar Tahiti 1993, 5-Sun Vicking Far East 1997, 6-Rennaisance Med. coastal Spain 1999, 7- Bombay to Mombasa the Love Boat 2001, 8-Prinsendam Baltic cruise 2002,9- Prinsandam Sigapore to Hong Kong 2003 ,10- M/S Amsterdam Santiago To Bunis Aires 2004, 11-Silverwind Capetown to The Mauritius 2005, 12- Natica Black Sea cruise 2008

Loved aal the R4 Ships.

Cruises, 1-MTS Constelation Greek Islands 1983, 2-Stella Maris Venice to Nice 1984, 3-Crown Princess Med. 1990, 4- Windstar Tahiti 1993, 5-Sun Vicking Far East 1997, 6-Rennaisance Med. coastal Spain 1999, 7- Bombay to Mombasa the Love Boat 2001, 8-Prinsendam Baltic cruise 2002,9- Prinsandam Sigapore to Hong Kong 2003 ,10- M/S Amsterdam Santiago To Bunis Aires 2004, 11-Silverwind Capetown to The Mauritius 2005, 12- Natica Black Sea cruise 2008

Our Sun Viking Cruise was Singapore to Hong Kong December of 1997. We hit another ship in the Saigon River. Were you on that cruise?

Hi Joe,

Wow! A fellow cruiser from four years ago! That was a wonderful cruise!!! We're booked on Azamara's Iceland cruise this June -- Copenhagen to Copenhagen. Can't stop traveling -- life is too short. Say hello to your lovely wife.

Sheila

Hi Joe,

Wow! A fellow cruiser from four years ago! That was a wonderful cruise!!! We're booked on Azamara's Iceland cruise this June -- Copenhagen to Copenhagen. Can't stop traveling -- life is too short. Say hello to your lovely wife.

Sheila

Sheila,

On our Constellation Trans atlantic cruise we missed Iceland because of bad weather. I had my heart set on it so one day I said I'm going to Iceland. I booked a plane ticket, booked a hotel and went. Wife didn't want to go.

Pictures here: http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/view.php?id=567

We have Mariner of Seas 2/22/09, Summit 4/4/09 and A Great Journey which is 4 days Switzerland then Amadeus Symphony 5 days on the Rhine out of Basel.

Have a good cruise. Azamara is an old Ren ship that has had some upgrading.

I was on the Ren-4 and she was a fine ship then, so I know you will love the ship.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the link to your beautiful photos. I see you were there about the same time in June that we will. We're really looking forward to it. We took three cruises on Oceania on the sister ships to the Journey. Love the size of the ships.

Have a great time on your future cruises. Please post about your Rhine river cruise from Bazel.

Sheila

Archived