Shore Excursions - Western Mediterranean

GirlfromTN

I have booked the Barcelona - Monte Carlo Yachtsman's Riviera cruise for April 26 (for my honeymoon!) I've never sailed on Seabourn before; can anyone give any information about the shore excursions on this trip? I have booked through Virtuoso which used to have an included excursion in Marseilles (to Provence) but it appears that it has changed and now will be in Palamos. Any advice on which ports are best for the excursions and approximate cost of the excursions?

Thanks!

I have booked the Barcelona - Monte Carlo Yachtsman's Riviera cruise for April 26 (for my honeymoon!) I've never sailed on Seabourn before; can anyone give any information about the shore excursions on this trip? I have booked through Virtuoso which used to have an included excursion in Marseilles (to Provence) but it appears that it has changed and now will be in Palamos. Any advice on which ports are best for the excursions and approximate cost of the excursions?

Thanks!

Difficult. Cost of excusions depends on whether you use the ship`s tours, prebook a tour company or pick up a taxi. For all you need to do a bit of reading about ports of call. Your views on what is of interest and those of others may well differ.;)

If you go to the Seabourn web site and bring up your cruise, you can bring up all land excursions for each port. The cost is not shown, but we have found that most events are not cheap, but fairly priced. We have done your cruise and there are some good tours. Don't miss Provance! Don

A few years ago I took the winery tour at Le Lavandou and it was fine, lovely countryside. I didn't buy wine, but some of the other local products for sale. I got a wine glass as a souvenier and gave it away. I don't remember the price.

I think in those ports you can do well just ambling about the town and sitting at a cafe with an aperitif.

Archived