Fort Lauderdale Hotel Request

Never ever stay at a Red Carpet - OMG - still have nightmares about one I stayed at in PA years and years ago.

Before booking any hotel, always check tripadvisor.com - they own cruisecritic btw. Dependable reviews.

I was looking for a cheap hotel 1 night pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale - we'll be in town less than 24 hrs - only need a bed and shower. I finally booked Extended Stay, think it's 17th Street Causeway - few minutes from both port and airport - got it for $75.

Anyone have any good ideas ... cheap? :p

Saw America's Best and Red Carpet by the airport, $60 ... are these fleabags?

Any other recommendations?

We are staying at the Hyatt Place one night pre cruise. They have free continental breakfast as well as a shuttle from airport and to port (Everglades) Cost was $80 per night on hotwire. There is some great information on the East Coast Departure Board under Florida Thread.

Have a great cruise..

I have a review of Tropi Rcok on tripadvisor - it's highly recommended - but couldn't do a 1 night reservation in January (high season).

Check out the Tropi Rock web site. It was recommended on some thread and I looked into it for our cruise next June. Looks great to me.

Hampton Inn in downtown Ft Lauderdale was clean, quiet, and had a really good breakfast buffet when we stayed there last year. 5 Minutes from the beach too.

Beats going to Hyatt that has no perks at all but a premium pricetag.

We are staying at the Hyatt Place one night pre cruise. They have free continental breakfast as well as a shuttle from airport and to port (Everglades) Cost was $80 per night on hotwire. There is some great information on the East Coast Departure Board under Florida Thread.

Have a great cruise..

You will love the Hyatt Place. We have stayed there twice, most recently in July. The staff is wonderful, and they will take you to the water taxi for free also. Don't forget to sign up for the port shuttle when you check in.

Anyone have any good ideas ... cheap? :p

Saw America's Best and Red Carpet by the airport, $60 ... are these fleabags?

Any other recommendations?

I live in the area and highly recommend you stay at Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Hollywood Beach or on 17th St Causeway. Please read between the lines.

Heather

We stayed at Hyatt Place when it was Amerisuites. You can walk to restaurants, the water taxi (under the bridge) and to places like Walgreen. We also stayed at Extended Stay on 17th St. No amenities, but very clean and spacious. No shuttles at Extended Stay, but very reasonable.

We stayed at the Day's Inn in Dania-- it's really still FLL. Shuttle from the airport was included and cheap shuttle to port. It was nice enough, clean, reasonable, w/ a decent continental breakfast included.

There's a great little neighborhood Mexican/Cuban place for dinner adjacent as well as a grocery store and a Walgreen's next door for anything you forgot. We found out about it on the boards for east coast departure ports I think. I'd definitely stay there again.

Have a great cruise!

Archived