Doing the upgrade dance!

LadyFurn

Once again,the upgrade fairy has paid us a visit and sprinkled her upgrade dust on us! We went from a catagory N inside to a VF verandah on the 10/15 Eurodam! Too bad it is only 3 days but we will be back on her in December... Yippee! Cindy (and Jim and Becky)

Wow! That is super. I thought you only got upgrades within the category section such as to a higher category inside than what you paid for. That is so awesome!

I am waiting to see if I get an upgrade yet for my Nov. 1 cruise on the Oosterdam. I sure hope so but if not I heard the rooms that I bought on "guarantee" are real good also. They were offering good deals for "guarantee" suites so I am having to be patient and see what happens.

So, you found out at about 10 days before your cruise so maybe that is when I will find out what my room is.

Congratulations!

First off, congrats LadyFurn on the upgrade.

Now for the whine portion of this post. How do I get one!?

I've been on 3 previous cruises and have never seen an upgrade. Is it because I book late? I normally don't book until a month or two before sailing.

Cindy that is fantastic icon14.gif I know that you decided to do this last minute for a Get Away and beat us all to the punch of going on the Eurodam ;) We will just rely on the 3 of you to show us around come December 13th:D

Congratulations on the UpGrade I am so glad the UpGrade Fairy is alive and well :)

You are quite welcome for the upgrade. I want everyone to be happy. If you would like to offer a small gratuity for my services, entirely at your discretion of course, but 15% is customary, I will be sending you my PayPal info.

Enjoy your cruise, and I am glad I could help.

The Upgrade Fairy

:)

Yeah, I know. Nice try, Roboat. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your wonderful upgrade!!!!

Once again,the upgrade fairy has paid us a visit and sprinkled her upgrade dust on us! We went from a catagory N inside to a VF verandah on the 10/15 Eurodam! Too bad it is only 3 days but we will be back on her in December... Yippee! Cindy (and Jim and Becky)

WHOO HOO!!!

That is awesome!! Can I ask you... did you have a gty cabin?

The reason I ask is because my mom has a guarentee "I" inside cabin booked for our Dec 6 Eurodam cruise and I am hoping she gets lucky enough for an upgrade too.

Now for the whine portion of this post. How do I get one!?

I've been on 3 previous cruises and have never seen an upgrade. Is it because I book late? I normally don't book until a month or two before sailing.

You increase your chances of getting one by booking a guarantee rather than a specific cabin, but purplenorway/Becky shows that's not a requirement. You'll find some people on this forum (jhannah for example) who have been on many cruises and never gotten an upgrade, and others (kakalina for example) who always book guarantees and get upgrades 80% of the time! :D

I don't think booking late matters as long as the ship isn't full. Several of those who got upgrades on our 10/15 Eurodam booked recently.

I also got an upgrade for the oct 15th eurodam cruise but I am having trouble figuring out what the cabin looks like. Anyone stay in a VQ on the panoramic deck or know if it has any upgraded ammenities? any info will be appreciated!

I also got an upgrade for the oct 15th eurodam cruise but I am having trouble figuring out what the cabin looks like. Anyone stay in a VQ on the panoramic deck or know if it has any upgraded ammenities? any info will be appreciated!

katenp - maybe I overlooked your name, but are you on the roll call for the 10/15 Eurodam? If not, come on over. We are having a meet and greet and would love to have you join.

Archived