Emerald - 10 day Eastern Caribbean

Cruisewebber

There are several different itineraries on the Emerald - even among those that are called "Eastern Caribbean". For example, the 10/31/08 sailing visits the same ports as the 1/19/09 voyage that DH and I will be doing, but the order of the ports is different.

CC members asked for menu order when I posted live from the Emerald in February, and I included this in my review of the ship. This was a different itinerary than the one we're doing in January. At any rate, maybe this will give you an idea of what the menus were and on what days.

Sailaway

Caribbean

Captain's Welcome

Princess

Princess (different from previous night)

Cosmopolitan (French-inspired)

Italian

Chef's

Captain's Gala

Landfall

Sailing on the Emerald Princess - again!- in 104 days!

Chris

I remember a post where someone indicated you could e-mail Princess and get the menus for your sailing. I don't recall the e-mail address, but I'm sure someone does.

Most folks who have requested menus have received "sample menus" but not menus that are specific to their cruise. I tried requesting menus for one of our cruises and didn't even get a reply.

Not sure if this is the correct email but it was something like recipes@princess.com

Bon Appetit!

Chris

yes, I will bring back the info and post it for future Emerald caribbean cruisers!!:)

That would be wonderful, THANKS!

Your cruise is almost exactly the same as ours on December 10th. The only change is Antiuga and St. Kitts are switched. I doubt if that will have any effect on the menus and certainly the formal nights will be the same as the sea days are the same.

Looking forward to reading lots of reviews on the Emerald in the Caribbean!

There are several different itineraries on the Emerald - even among those that are called "Eastern Caribbean". For example, the 10/31/08 sailing visits the same ports as the 1/19/09 voyage that DH and I will be doing, but the order of the ports is different.

CC members asked for menu order when I posted live from the Emerald in February, and I included this in my review of the ship. This was a different itinerary than the one we're doing in January. At any rate, maybe this will give you an idea of what the menus were and on what days.

Sailaway

Caribbean

Captain's Welcome

Princess

Princess (different from previous night)

Cosmopolitan (French-inspired)

Italian

Chef's

Captain's Gala

Landfall

Sailing on the Emerald Princess - again!- in 104 days!

Chris

This might sound like a silly question...but do you remember which night they served Lamb Shank?!!!! That's the night we want to go elsewhere eat!!!!!!

Many Thanks!

This might sound like a silly question...but do you remember which night they served Lamb Shank?!!!! That's the night we want to go elsewhere eat!!!!!! Many Thanks!

Not a silly question of you're not a fan of lamb!

Rack of Lamb Dijonnaise - my Princess favorite - is definitely on the Chef's menu but I'm not sure about other lamb entrees. I know there's been leg of lamb on some menus but I don't recall which ones specifically.

Even if lamb is on the menu, there will be other choices, so you don't have to eat lamb if you don't want it.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

We aren't fans of the lamb, and while there are other choices on the menu....that is the night we like to plan on going to, in this case, Crown Grille! It's nice to know ahead of time which night, so when we get onboard, we can make a reservation...so again, thanks so much!!!!:) :)

Thanks Chris! We aren't fans of the lamb, and while there are other choices on the menu....that is the night we like to plan on going to, in this case, Crown Grille! It's nice to know ahead of time which night, so when we get onboard, we can make a reservation...so again, thanks so much!!!!:) :)

By all means, don't miss an opportunity to dine at Crown Grill. It is absolutely awesome! I have to admit, though, that I ordered Rack of Lamb when DH and I went there on the Emerald. Think I'll get a steak in January ;) 'cause there'll be lamb served on Chef's night.

Posting menus: I think most folks take photos of menus and post them here.

Chris

one more thing. I said I'd bring back menu's and post them. However..my friend just asked me how I was going to do that.

So...will they give you a copy if you ask? Or have people just photographed them and then scan and post?

Thanks!!!

You can take photos, but I have heard of people requesting copies from the Maitre D' early in the cruise and being provided with copies.

Which ever you choose, thank you very much for taking on this task. I have noticed that it is one of the most requested items, but often has very few responses.

By all means, don't miss an opportunity to dine at Crown Grill. It is absolutely awesome! I have to admit, though, that I ordered Rack of Lamb when DH and I went there on the Emerald. Think I'll get a steak in January ;) 'cause there'll be lamb served on Chef's night.

Posting menus: I think most folks take photos of menus and post them here.

Chris

Well, I found out, after talking with my friend who is the non-lamb shank lover, that the Rack of Lamb is the one she likes! There is one night they serve Lamb Shanks......that is the night she wants to go to the Crown Grill!!!!! So, if we can figure out what night that is...yea!!!!!

Thanks for your help!

Archived