When will Carnival return to Galveston???

*Mach*

We're leaving on the Ecstasy on Nov 1st. I have been told by Carnival we will return to Houston.

Mach, do you have an opinion that on that last cruise out of Houston, do you think they will dock back at Houston to debark, then sail down to Galveston to pick up supplies and pax? Or do you think they will start in Houston, sail into Galveston and bus everyone back up to Houston to pick up their cars?

Any thoughts, anyone?

I'm betting on one of the cruises becoming a six day; a return to Bayport, debark then sail down to Galveston empty to take on cargo and passengers.

Certainly, Carnival would compensate the passengers for the missed day with OBC or a voucher for a discounted price on their next cruise, etc.

Now, this is just my speculation. NO ONE from Carnival has mentioned this to be but it appears to be the least messy way to accomplish the return to Galveston.

We are book to cruise the week of Thanksgiving and my TA checked with Carnival and they said they would be sailing out of Galveston then. She also checked with the Galvez where we have reservations and they said they were open. I love Galveston and hope they are back there.

I'm betting on one of the cruises becoming a six day; a return to Bayport, debark then sail down to Galveston empty to take on cargo and passengers.

Certainly, Carnival would compensate the passengers for the missed day with OBC or a voucher for a discounted price on their next cruise, etc.

Now, this is just my speculation. NO ONE from Carnival has mentioned this to be but it appears to be the least messy way to accomplish the return to Galveston.

Probably easier to leave from Bayport, return to Galveton and bus debarking passengers back to Bayport. Don't lose a day of cruising that way. It is also how they have done other "repositioning" cruises around NO and Mobile

Probably easier to leave from Bayport, return to Galveton and bus debarking passengers back to Bayport. Don't lose a day of cruising that way. It is also how they have done other "repositioning" cruises around NO and Mobile

This would probably be the best way to do it. They will already have busses lined up to take people to the airports and so it's just a step further to bring them back to bayport (down 146 if I'm not mistaken).

We are book to cruise the week of Thanksgiving and my TA checked with Carnival and they said they would be sailing out of Galveston then. She also checked with the Galvez where we have reservations and they said they were open. I love Galveston and hope they are back there.

Please keep us updated. Hope you get to enjoy your visit to Galveston.

Archived