Carnival Corp's Puerta Maya cruise center to re-open

Caliber1

Am sure cruisers will post some photos since according to the press release, it seems like the rebuild is going to be quite nice with more restaurants, shopping, etc. I loved the Puerto Maya dock...thought it was wonderful when we visited in 2005.

We were on the Conquest, and were the last ship in port just a couple of days before Wilma hit...

Now, we will be back two weeks after the pier reopens...

I remember it seemed to take forever to walk down the pier...

also, all the stores built ON the pier.

I hope they have bikes or cabs to get you to shore or it could be a looong walk.

I wonder if they rebuilt the Ron Jons that was at the pier...

I am getting so pumped to get there.

Here are a couple of photos I took on Sept 2nd, 2008.

You can see the new shore excursion pier in this photo. Break out your walking shoes. It seems like they would have tied it into the main pier instead of making you walk all the way around the shops.

maya1.jpg

maya2.jpg

From the looks of the pier, only the forward hatch will be able to be used if the ship is docked straight in.

maya3.jpg

Dave

We'll be there when it opens on the 16th. I'll try to take some extra pictures!

Would love to see pics of the new shops and amenities - also hoping you can find some shops selling vanilla? If so let me know the name!

Thanks,

Just to let you all know. You can look at http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Cruiseships

for what piers ships will be docked at. The only downside is that they only post it for that week. So I guess if you need to or want to know you need to do it a day or two before your cruise.

At the moment there is a note on that site that this weeks has not been updated yet....

Los Cinco Soles had a shop in the pier area before it was levelled by Wilma. They have a really good selection of vanilla. We were there just a about a week and a half before the storm hit. I, too, was hoping to dock downtown. But, if Los Cinco Soles has a shop there it will save a trip to the downtown area. That was just about the only store I was looking forward to visiting. So, it's longer at Paradise Beach for us, possibly!:rolleyes: :D

hope we beat them there we will be there the same day!

I think you'll probably be at the other piers.

Would love to see pics of the new shops and amenities - also hoping you can find some shops selling vanilla? If so let me know the name!

Thanks,

The shop next to Pancho's Back yard sold good vanilla last time we were there.

Los Cinco Soles had a shop in the pier area before it was levelled by Wilma. They have a really good selection of vanilla. We were there just a about a week and a half before the storm hit. I, too, was hoping to dock downtown. But, if Los Cinco Soles has a shop there it will save a trip to the downtown area. That was just about the only store I was looking forward to visiting. So, it's longer at Paradise Beach for us, possibly!:rolleyes: :D

That's the place. Had some unique tequilas also.

That bites. :( You should book the Pride repo cruise. :D

when is that one????? :confused: I love repos but I'm already all booked for 2009, dangit. Unless it's for 2010?????

nevermind...saw it in your sig.

we'll have to try for 2010 then ;)

a 14 day repo in March is my kinda cruise. You're gonna have a great time :)

Archived