Caribbean in December?

calgal729

Is cruising the eastern and southern Caribbean a little risky in early December? Is it still considered Hurricane season? I dont mind a little rain, but someone warned that it could potentially be very rainy this time of year and would impact the land excursions and trips to the beaches I've planned.

My husband and I did 14 day southern carib last December 2007 and loved it! Weather overall was great! Did get some brief rain showers, but these never bothered us at all (actually found them refreshing!). The sun continued to shine and the temperatures were mid to high 80s. We loved it so much we're going again this December.. Can't wait...just 2 months to go!

Hurricane season is over. Early-mid December is a great time to go to the Caribbean. Weather is wonderful and the holiday crowds haven't arrived yet. Prices are low because a lot of people don't like to go on vacation right before the holidays. This will be the 5th year out of the last 6 we have gone to the Caribbean in December, but don't tell everyone our secret.

Can't remember how many times we've sailed the Caribbean in December and only once, Dec 29, 2007, for 7 days, did we encounter lots & lots of rain. December is ideal for cruising!! As is January, February, etc., etc., etc......

Archived