PV - best way to enjoy our day

crusingici

We do have a canopy tour booked -- We will be in PV 10am - 10pm -- the canopy tour will take up most of the day -- returning at 5pm..... I am wondering if this is indeed the best way to spend our time in PV..... or would it be more fun to visit Old Town or walk Melancon and maybe visit Hotel Krystal for a massage?

I've posted several times and I aplogize for the confusion - originally we were in PV a shorter time and planned to do just the massage - but our itinerary changed and gave us a few more hours in PV - so I thought the zipline tour would be fun -- but now am second guessing.......

I know it is subjective -- but am just curious what you might suggest if you have done it both ways........

Also - if the ship time is earlier than PV time then that means leaving at 10pm ship time is really 9pm PV time and if we have to be on board 1 hr prior - that is only 3 hours after returning from our canopy tour -- not much time to do anything -- that is why I am second guessing our decision.......

We do have a canopy tour booked -- We will be in PV 10am - 10pm -- the canopy tour will take up most of the day -- returning at 5pm..... I am wondering if this is indeed the best way to spend our time in PV..... or would it be more fun to visit Old Town or walk Melancon and maybe visit Hotel Krystal for a massage?

I've posted several times and I aplogize for the confusion - originally we were in PV a shorter time and planned to do just the massage - but our itinerary changed and gave us a few more hours in PV - so I thought the zipline tour would be fun -- but now am second guessing.......

I know it is subjective -- but am just curious what you might suggest if you have done it both ways........

Also - if the ship time is earlier than PV time then that means leaving at 10pm ship time is really 9pm PV time and if we have to be on board 1 hr prior - that is only 3 hours after returning from our canopy tour -- not much time to do anything -- that is why I am second guessing our decision.......

People have always talked about ship's time being the same as or one hour behind Vallarta local time. I have never heard of ship's time being ahead of Vallarta local time.

Just curious ... why do you think ship's time will be ahead of local time in Vallarta?

We were in PV Oct 1.

Booked 'Outdoor Adventure'/canopy tour for 7:05am (ship time) 8:05am (PV time). Tour was book thro cruise line. Planned to eat dinner etc in town after the tour.

BUT the tour company changed our time to 10:45am. We got back from the tour around 6:00pm. It was sooooo amazing (boat, truck, mule, zipline). We were so tired from the heat & climbing that we did not go into town. NO REGRETS - we would have climbed back up the mountain and done it again:D .... if there was time.

It depends on if you will return to PV.

The zip line tour is amazing, but so is sight seeing. You will be worn out after the tour, and might just want to return to the ship.

Do not cancel the tour IMO. That is something you will never forget. Leaving things left unvisited will make you want to return. Maybe this time you will return for a week! PV is a great city, You will enjoy whatever you decide to do.

We were in PV Oct 1.

Booked 'Outdoor Adventure'/canopy tour for 7:05am (ship time) 8:05am (PV time). Tour was book thro cruise line. Planned to eat dinner etc in town after the tour.

BUT the tour company changed our time to 10:45am. We got back from the tour around 6:00pm. It was sooooo amazing (boat, truck, mule, zipline). We were so tired from the heat & climbing that we did not go into town. NO REGRETS - we would have climbed back up the mountain and done it again:D .... if there was time.

ok- so, your ship was really an hour earlier than local time..... that is what I've read on other posts...... We are on Carnival and I do not know (nor can the folks who answer the phone @ Carnival tell me) what 'time zone' the ship is..... I know PV is on Central.......

So, if 10:00 ship time is really 11:00 PV time we do not have much time to get off the ship and to the office - -just ~1 1/2 hrs which I've read is cutting it close sometimes.

We booked on our own - not thru the ship and are doing a Las Varnos zip line - they said we have to be at their office by 12:40 (20 min taxi ride from the ship?) for the 1:00 tour and that we'd return to the office at 5pm...... that is, IF nothing changes like yours! It does not involve mules and boats - from what I've read only a bus trip and then walking and climbing stairs.... and zipping.

Although - -if ship time IS earlier that means we really return to the office at 4:00 'ship time' - which would give us an extra hour and that would be great!

Thank you, ALL, for confirming we will KEEP our canopy tour reservations and then just play the rest of our time 'by ear'.

Stick with your Canapoy tour.Is this a ship sponsored tour and thats why the day is so long?

You'll still have plenty of time to cab it to the Malecon and enjoy some dinner there.

No, we booked it ourselves -- and who knows why the day is so long? :confused:

We really wanted the long 13 hrs that was in ACA on our original itinerary - Carnival chose to reverse our itinerary and change port times about a week ago.......:eek: and who knows why?

But.... we will deal with it and will be happy to be on board! At least they did not eliminate a port.....yet......:rolleyes:

ok- so, your ship was really an hour earlier than local time.....

So, if 10:00 ship time is really 11:00 PV time ------

We booked on our own - not thru the ship and are doing a Las Varnos zip line .....

Although - -if ship time IS earlier that means we really return to the office at 4:00 'ship time' - which would give us an extra hour and that would be great!......

TIME ISSUE

12:00 NOON - Los Angeles is the base time used.

1:00pm - Cabo San Lucas - our first port - ship time changed from 12 to 1

1:00pm - Mazatlan - second port - ship time remained the same 1:00

2:00pm - Puerto Vallarta - third port

1:00pm - ship time We did not change the ship time in PVWe were on NCL Star - I would ask on Carnival site if there was a change to ship time in PV

TOUR

The first part of our tour was by boat and we left from the pier - about 5min walk from ship. Apparently, the traffic is really bad. It would have take over 1hr by bus to get to the same point - boat took 15 mins.

Hope this helps:)

It remained the same for Mazatlan.

Archived