Where to Stay

BcIcemen

Any nice hotels in Vancouver or Anchorage for before and after stays.

There are lots of nice hotels in Anchorage but be prepared for price shock. Summer here isn't cheap. If you could give some critieria of what you're looking for then I can make some suggestions.

Susan in Anchorage :)

There are a lot of very nice hotels in Vancouver but during the cruise season they are quite pricey. In the $300 range there is the Pan Pacific, Fairmont's Waterfront Centre and Hotel Vancouve, and the Four Seasons. In the $200 range Sutton Palce, Georgian Court and le Soleil. In the $150 range there is the Hyatt Regency, Hampton Inn and Blue Horizon. Weston also operates two properties, the Bayshore Inn and the Grand. This is only a sampling, there are dozens more. You might care to check the Canada and the West Coast Boards.

There are a lot of very nice hotels in Vancouver but during the cruise season they are quite pricey. In the $300 range there is the Pan Pacific, Fairmont's Waterfront Centre and Hotel Vancouve, and the Four Seasons. In the $200 range Sutton Palce, Georgian Court and le Soleil. In the $150 range there is the Hyatt Regency, Hampton Inn and Blue Horizon. Weston also operates two properties, the Bayshore Inn and the Grand. This is only a sampling, there are dozens more. You might care to check the Canada and the West Coast Boards.

Thanks for the information this is is helpful

aksusan - Our Princess cruise arrives in Whittier on a Saturday AM and we can get Princess transfer to Welcome Center in town or to the Airport. We have a 7:30AM flight home on Sunday morning. Any suggestions for decently priced hotel with EARLY morning airport shuttle? WRT getting to airport early morning, Does it matter if we stay downtown (with more to do Saturday afternoon) or at/near the airport (closer for early morning flight)? Thanks, Ken

You're going to laugh at me, but check out the YWCA in Vancouver. Honest. I suggested it to folks on our recent Alaska cruise. 5 couples stayed there and all loved it. Look up their website and also under tripadvisor for their opinion.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

aksusan - Our Princess cruise arrives in Whittier on a Saturday AM and we can get Princess transfer to Welcome Center in town or to the Airport. We have a 7:30AM flight home on Sunday morning. Any suggestions for decently priced hotel with EARLY morning airport shuttle? WRT getting to airport early morning, Does it matter if we stay downtown (with more to do Saturday afternoon) or at/near the airport (closer for early morning flight)? Thanks, Ken

Not sure what you think decent is because I'd say most hotels once we go past Memorial Day are $150 and up. What I'd do is go to www.kayak.com and put in Anchorage and your date and see what the prices look like.

Now you'd definitely have more to do downtown on a Saturday then you would out by the Airport unless you'd have a car. More restaurants, stores, the museum are all within easy walking distance downtown.

Downtown has the Anchorage Market & Festival http://www.anchoragemarkets.com/main.html

AkSusan - Thanks for the pointers! I've never seen Kayak.com before - kind of neat. Com pared to our pre-cruise in Vancouver, ALL these rates look good!!!!!! Thanks, Ken

Ken,

You're quite welcome and if you need anything else, just let me know!

Archived