Vini d'Italia-an Italian Wine Dinner Experience

sabba

I was able to find the following on the Royal Caribbean web site:

If you'd prefer a more relaxing dining adventure, join us on certain nights for Vini d'Italia, an Italian Wine Dinner Experience. Executive Chef Marco Marrama and Corporate Executive Chef Josef Jungwirth have created an exquisite four course seasonal meal designed to perfectly complement wines from the Frescobaldi family, one of the leading wine-producers in Italy. Whether you're a wine aficionado or just eager to learn more, you'll be sure to enjoy learning all about the wine pairings in this unique culinary experience. Be sure to book early for this limited dining opportunity.

I also got the same e-mail. Looked under my reservation and did a pretend booking of this. It was $54.50 pp. Sounds good, but a little too much for not knowing anything about it. With Portofino being $20 pp, they are adding $34.50 for the wine tasting portion!

Or, if you'd prefer a more relaxing dining adventure, join us on certain nights for Vini d'Italia—an Italian Wine Dinner Experience. Executive Chef Marco Marrama and Corporate Executive Chef Josef Jungwirth have created an exquisite four course seasonal meal designed to perfectly complement wines from the Frescobaldi family, one of the leading wine-producers in Italy. Whether you're a wine aficionado or just eager to learn more, you'll be sure to enjoy learning all about the wine pairings in this unique culinary experience. Be sure to book early for this limited dining opportunity.

from

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/home.do?#/?detail=587&wl=0

I believe it is 54.50

I also got the same e-mail. Looked under my reservation and did a pretend booking of this. It was $54.50 pp. Sounds good, but a little too much for not knowing anything about it. With Portofino being $20 pp, they are adding $34.50 for the wine tasting portion!

I also received the Email and tried to book this under my reservation but could not find it. I see the mystery theater (which I would like to book but it is on our port night in San Juan and we are there until 11:30 so I hate to book a show while I might want to bar hop in port) and the regular portofino booking but I could not find the wine dinner. I am on the EOS 1/11/09 any help would be appreciated

Thanks everyone! I knew you'd all have or know where to find the answers.

Your information was very helpful, but I think we are going to skip it for this time. Being our first cruise, I think we'll stick to the included offerings in the main dining room, windjammer cafe, etc.

Maybe next time we'll give the specialty restaurants a try. Got to have a reason to take that next cruise! ;)

Carrie :)

I am all ready to book it for my cruise on Nov 8 on Liberty. I went to My Cruises and went to Specialty Dining and clicked on vini d'Italia and my sailing is there but the only date showing is Nov 8 embarkation day @7:30pm so I am not sure if that is the only time (embarkation night ????:confused: or if the system just isn't ready to take reservations.

If you book specialty dining on the website does it show up anywhere to confirm that it is indeed booked?

My cruise is in april on NOS & when I clicked on specialty restaurants they are telling me that there is no specality restaurants available. Is it because the cruise is in April?

I checked my later booked cruises one of which is in April and I am getting the same message. Perhaps you can only book online within a certain time frame

I was told bookings for the specialty restaurants open 150 days before the cruise. Bookings just recently opened for my March 28th cruise (so the 150 days sounds about right) and I'm also waiting for them to open for my April cruise. I'm booked for the Mystery dinner show in March, but would love to try the other dinner. Any idea which ships offer it??

Archived