Which NCL Restuarant?

momofmeg

I prefer Cagney's in the "pay extra" category and the Summer Palace in the main dining room category. I like Cagney's because the steaks melt in your mouth - just divine.

I like Summer Palace because it is opulent, very Russian and because of the atmosphere.

Hello Kewlguy. How have you been? Do you have any transatlantics booked?

Not this fall. Our last one was this past April on NCL Gem. One way air to/from Europe is very expensive these days. May not be doing as many transatlantic's as we have in the past. Good to see you again. :)

Not this fall. Our last one was this past April on NCL Gem. One way air to/from Europe is very expensive these days. May not be doing as many transatlantic's as we have in the past. Good to see you again. :)

As you know it was a special splurge for us-in honor of our 25th. The cruise itself was no more expensive than the caribbean, it was the other stuff, such as the precruise stay (and airfare) that made it a splurge, and the reason why we could not do that too often. This year I am just happy we can do a cruise period.

Our former tablemates will be on the Connie again October30th-this time a repo from NJ to Ft. Lauderdale. I wish I was going with them!

Okay Cagney's is good but we plan to try out three. Which others would you do? We do not want to do Cagneys all 3 times we pay extra.

Well, you'll have to try the Japanese restaurant. Le Bistro is also good.

I really liked Le Bistro. And if you do that, check out the romance package - it's $79 (I think) and you get dinner at Le Bistro and a bottle of a house red or wine with the dinner. You also get sparkling wine in your stateroom at embarkation and few other perks. It's a pretty good deal if you were going to eat at Le Bistro and get wine anyway.

• Administrators
Okay Cagney's is good but we plan to try out three. Which others would you do? We do not want to do Cagneys all 3 times we pay extra.

I've been a Le Bistro fan since my first NCL cruise when it was a new concept (and $5 per person!). We ate there all but one night of our cruise since we didn't like our assigned tablemates in the dining room (wow, that was pre-Freestyle, I'm a dinosaur) :eek: Le Bistro is a must for us on all our trips. We also really enjoy the sushi restaurant -- haven't tried Teppanyaki yet, but we're hoping to try that next April.

Teppanyaki is second to Cagneys, but we eat at all of them when we're on a longer cruise. It's fun to try all the different dishes--the main dining rooms are good, but we always check out the menus when we board. I don't know where you can see the menus for the week, but when we're in a suite we have the Butler deliver them to us the first night so we can make plans for our awesome dining experience for the whole cruise.

I've been a Le Bistro fan since my first NCL cruise when it was a new concept (and $5 per person!). We ate there all but one night of our cruise since we didn't like our assigned tablemates in the dining room (wow, that was pre-Freestyle, I'm a dinosaur) :eek: Le Bistro is a must for us on all our trips. We also really enjoy the sushi restaurant -- haven't tried Teppanyaki yet, but we're hoping to try that next April.

My daugther wants to do Le Bistro, so I am sure we will do Cagneys and Le Bistro. But LOL! we also want to do the Japanese, Italian and Mexican!

Our TA gave us a coupon that if we ate 5 nights in a pay extra, we would get the 6th night free, LOL! We may juist use it!

BTW, My hubby and daughter want to do the mystery dinner also. I guess it is a good thing this is a 7 night cruise. LOL! We almost booked the Sky for a 4 day!

My daugther wants to do Le Bistro, so I am sure we will do Cagneys and Le Bistro. But LOL! we also want to do the Japanese, Italian and Mexican!

Our TA gave us a coupon that if we ate 5 nights in a pay extra, we would get the 6th night free, LOL! We may juist use it!

BTW, My hubby and daughter want to do the mystery dinner also. I guess it is a good thing this is a 7 night cruise. LOL! We almost booked the Sky for a 4 day!

If you decide to eat in the main dining rooms during the cruise I would advise not going during peak times. That's when you may encounter "waits."

If you decide to eat in the main dining rooms during the cruise I would advise not going during peak times. That's when you may encounter "waits."

You know, we like eating before 6-so I doubt we would have a problem-we only eat later if we take a late excursion. I am starting to get excited! Six weeks from Sunday!

And see mom! Everyone here so far says the French is good...

Personally..I'm not big on steak, so they can do Cagneys w/ out me...I make do Italian or Mex that night.

if you fear missing out on a favorite dish in main dining..may i recommend

making reservation s anyway at an alternative restraunt..

they post the dinner menu shortly after lunch..check it out..if you don t

see anything interesting then you can go to the alternative dining venue..

if there s something you d like to try that evening then you cancel your

reservations..

i believe you have a couple of hr s prior to opening that you can cancel

without incuring a charge..

Archived