NOLA hotel question.

trixiestime

Can anyone tell me a good place to stay? I'm arriving a day early to check out the sights in New Orleans. I booked my cruise and flight separate and wondered if any hotels close to the port would shuttle us from airport to hotel and back to airport after cruise is over? We're cruising on the Norwegian Spirit 03/08/2009 - 03/15/09.

I'd appreciate any help you may have!:)

First cruise for my best friend and I........CAN'T WAIT!!

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I went on the Fantasy last oct. We use hotwire and got the Astor Crown Plaza for really cheap. I think $50 or so. It's right on the corner of Canal and Burbon. We had a great time and were treated like royalty. I'd reccomend this place over and over again.

After much research on Cruise Critic and other sites, I took my chances....rolled the dice and went with Hotwire to find my pre-cruise hotel. I chose the 4 star hotel in the Downtown area. Total price with taxes and fees $92.13. Not too shabby I think. Once reservation was complete I got the name of the hotel. We'll be staying at the Intercontinental on St. Charles. Sounds like a really good location. I guess I'll find out in March!:)

Our TA did a comparison for us of placing offering various shuttles, and the best deal was to go with a non-shuttle hotel, use our AAA discount, and pay up front. We are staying at Le Dauphine in a courtyard room, for about $99 a night.

Viv

Just stay at the Intercontinental last week and the hotel is a good place to stay. Room was clean and bed was great. I got it for 60.00 on price line.

That's an awesome deal you got!! How was the location? Walking distance to Bourbon St? Any restaurants close by the hotel that you recommend?

That's an awesome deal you got!! How was the location? Walking distance to Bourbon St? Any restaurants close by the hotel that you recommend?

Rates at New Orleans hotels vary greatly depending on what is going on in the area at any given time.

The Intercontinental is a very nice hotel, your usual nice chain hotel. It is about four blocks from Bourbon Street.

There are dozens of excellent restaurants in the area. Tastes and budgets vary but there is something good for everyone. Reservations at the good ones should be made weeks in advance. We like GF Fins and BACCO.

We always stay at The Bienville House Hotel in the French Quarter. Excellent location and a good price for what you get. Very old but with modern touches like wireless internet, robes in every room. You walk in the lobby and step back in time and into the French Quarter. Highly recommended for a place that has character. Not your usual Holiday Inn type experience. Within walking distance to the dock but if you have much luggage you will need to take a cab or drive.

MexicoBob

Archived