Queen Mary Hotel

derf5585

We stayed there a few years back. We loved it. We stayed in a what I believe was called a deluxe stateroom. It had two double beds and was very large with a large sitting area with table and chairs and a full bath. It had a porthole. They have a wonderful Sunday brunch.

Derf,

I haven't stayed there (live 45 minutes from the port), but 4 of my tablemates on the PRIDE in May did. They couldn't say enough about it. They loved the built in "history" lesson of the Great Ole Gal and the dining options.

A couple of them are planning a short trip down to Long Beach in the future for several days with the centerpiece being the QUEEN MARY.

I'm sure you'll get more "first hand" info, however.

Stayed there a couple of weeks ago for a training class. I loved the "ambiance" and would stay there again - especially precruise. That said, however, as a "hotel" the management leaves a bit to be desired. Several people in the group had issues with the phones/data lines not working, not getting messages or packages left for them, etc.

Also - remember she is an OLD ship. If you have environmental allergies - take your medication! I ended up with headaches every day if I didn't take benadryl and sudafed.

I am such a romantic though - I would stay there in a heartbeat again!

What about the ghosts? Anybody see any when they stayed there?

Haunted Hotel -- Queen Mary Hotel

from

http://hotels.about.com/cs/hauntedhotels/p/hau_queenmary.htm

One of the features of this ship is it's "Ghosts and Legends" tour

from

http://hoteldiscount.jcbushotel.com/cgi-bin/hotelinfo?SID=JCB&Dest=LAX&LKF=JCB&TRK=H1-citylistMore&PROD=HOTEL&HotelId=LAX+QUEE&HName=QUEEN+MARY+HOTEL&Rating=3.0&Return=Prev

I stayed in the QM in Sept before the Escasty repositioning cruise. The rate was 89 per night biiked thru Expedia. This was convient and the early check in for carnival was great. The one problem with the QM is that the only places to eat in the area are on the QM & are expensive. There is a free shuttle bus to down town Long Beach, where there are pleanty of good reasonable priced restaurants.

Archived