Tappanyaki

Sen

Hi,

my name is Sen and I had some questions about Tappanyaki on the Jewel. 1) I would like to know the quality of the food . 2) What is recommended?

Go to the link below, scroll down a bit and you will see pictures from my Teppanyaki expierence...shows a lot of food.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Hazeleyes1128/NCLGemTransatlantic4192008542008ShipPictures#

We can't speak for the Jewel, as we have never been onboard her.. but.. we have been on three NCL cruises and always eat at Tappanyaki and it has always been delicious and well worth the extra charge. Seeing the food cooked like that right in front of you is great fun too. One thing I would caution is, do NOT wear clothes that are very important to you when you go to eat there. Several times both when eating at Tappanyaki and eating at the same style of restaurant here in Dallas we have gotten oil splattered on our clothes from them slapping the spatula down on the cooking surface.

I agree with the clothes issue, but more because they end up smelling like the food, no matter how well the grill is vented.

Order whatever looks good to you - I've had most of the menu on my meny trips with NCL. Oh, and be sure to try the green tea ice cream for dessert. On our last cruise I got my nephew totally hooked and he went back every night for the rest of the cruise just to get ice cream! No clue how much he tipped the Maitre'D, but he always came back with four bowls!

Hi,

my name is Sen and I had some questions about Tappanyaki on the Jewel. 1) I would like to know the quality of the food . 2) What is recommended?

this is a matter of opinion< I don't happen to think it is as good as land based, similar dining experiences but my daughter wouldn't think of cruising NCL without eating at Tappanyakis.

Not much help huh?

Nita

Last cruise I did 100% lobster and veggies - the best - on one of the nights!!!

Also, had been to sushi bar earlier in the day and had had a sushi with caramelized nuts on top. Talked them into some on my green tea ice cream. Everyone at my table then asked for some too. It really makes it great!

Oh, I wished I had stopped them from squirting my steak with some soy sauce while it was on the grill. Next time I will ask in advance.

Enjoy!!!!

Archived