Playa Mia vs Mr. Sanchos

AmberMarie

Me and my good friend (both 26) are going to be in port at Cozumel on the 12th... THREE ships in port that day.

Here's what we are looking for--

all inclusive packages with food and drinks

lockers

hammock

parasailing

non motorized sports

trampoline (a plus)

massages

decent restrooms

decent beach

decent crowd, but not too overcrowded

not necessarily looking for "quiet" but just "relaxing"

We've done the research on both and both sound nice. I have found a chart but I think it's not 100 percent right because it listed Nachi as not having something and it did have it, so I wanted to ask you friendly people.

In your opinions, which would be best? Playa Mia or Mr. Sanchos. I'm looking for personal experiences. We've already seen the websites and both look good.

Hi, we just returned from Cozumel and we took a taxi to Mr. Sanchos from the end of the Carnival pier. The facilities are very nice, bathrooms and showers were very clean. They had umbrella tables, talapas and beach chairs but I didn't see hammocks. They had a restaurant on the beach and we did purchase food and drinks. I'm not aware that they offer any kind of "all inclusive" package. There wasn't any charge to enter the location. The beach and the water were absolutely beautiful. Hope this helps you decide.

I loved Mr Sanchos Beach club

when I was there last year

I am hoping to go back there on my cruise next week:D

Really loved the food and the drinks ...all yummy :p

Nice pool & very clean place

I liked the fact it wasnt over crowded

and they do have an all inclusive thru one of the tour companies

under different names

Cooking class, Tequila tasting , and Atv something I do believe

not sure what is all included exactly

as I did a la carte myself and found the prices very reasonable

We went with about 19 of us ages from 18-55! It was my daughter's college graduation cruise just this past May. We took a taxi to Mr Sanchos about $4.00 each no fee to get in! I suggest sitting at t he pool or right in front of the pool (which is right next to the bar and the bathrooms/changing rooms!

We went jet sking, went on the trampoline and went horseback riding through the woods and on the beach (save that for later in the day it is cooler and beautiful ) we ate and drank (very reasonable) then we took a taxi back into town to Carlos and Charlies had some great shots /danced on the bar/ and ate some good food............had a blast!!!!

Mr Sanchos was not crowded at all...........which is what I loved about it! They were very attentive! Huge bar area under a gigantic tiki hut right next to the pool. Heck just sit in the pool, look out to the beautiful water and drink a great drink! ahhhhh what is better then that!:p

I emailed Mr. Sanchos a few weeks ago. As others have said, there is no cover charge. Once you get there you can pay $50 pp for all the food/drinks you want OR you can just pay as you go. I've been told by someone who has been there several times, that we would be better off to pay as you go as the drinks were cheap. I guess it depends on what you drink. They also have atvs and other excursions you can book once you get there.

I emailed Mr. Sanchos a few weeks ago. As others have said, there is no cover charge. Once you get there you can pay $50 pp for all the food/drinks you want OR you can just pay as you go. I've been told by someone who has been there several times, that we would be better off to pay as you go as the drinks were cheap. I guess it depends on what you drink. They also have atvs and other excursions you can book once you get there.

Do you know if the $50 pp included the atvs and other activities or only food and drink?

We were there in May,. we just payed as we went, it was really cheap! We went horsebackriding, jet sking, trampoline jumping.......everyone had a blast! Sit over by the pool side, infact sit in the pool looking out to the beach awesome! Save the horsebacking riding to the end of the day, beautiful and not as hot :) We are going to Cozumel on Nov 5th and this time we are going to Nachi Cocum....only to have a differend experience since we are going alone without friends and family and would like to get pampered! But we love Mr Sanchos!

• 2 weeks later...
how much was the horseback riding ?

Horseback riding is $30/30 minutes.

I need to check this out , I just looked at Playa uvas and they have all inclusive packages, Anyone been to both? and which did you like better? :confused:

Playa Mia serves most of the cruise ships as thier beach break, Mr Sancho's will not be as croweded by far.

We were there in May,. we just payed as we went, it was really cheap! We went horsebackriding, jet sking, trampoline jumping.......everyone had a blast! Sit over by the pool side, infact sit in the pool looking out to the beach awesome! Save the horsebacking riding to the end of the day, beautiful and not as hot :) We are going to Cozumel on Nov 5th and this time we are going to Nachi Cocum....only to have a differend experience since we are going alone without friends and family and would like to get pampered! But we love Mr Sanchos!

I would love to hear from you when you get back. We are going at the end of November and I've narrowed it down to Mr. Sanchos and Nachi - I would love to hear your opinion of how the two compare.

Thanks,

Barbara

I can only give you my opinion on Playa Mia-

I have been there twice in the past 6 months and LOVE it-I was just there last week!

They have two different all inclusive packages available- one with just alcohol for 29 and one with food & alcohol for I think 69- we chose just alcohol- we had a BIG breakfast on the ship in the morning and took snacks with us to get through the day-

They do have hammocks-

Parasailing & massages- not sure on the cost?

Trampoline- soooo much fun :D

Excellent service- never had an empty drink.....

Clean bathrooms

nice beach- beautiful water

was not over crowded either time I was there ( I think there were 2 ships in port both times)

VERY Relaxing

I am not sure about the lockers

BEST $29 I have ever spent- LOL

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Sherri

I can only give you my opinion on Playa Mia-

I have been there twice in the past 6 months and LOVE it-I was just there last week!

They have two different all inclusive packages available- one with just alcohol for 29 and one with food & alcohol for I think 69- we chose just alcohol- we had a BIG breakfast on the ship in the morning and took snacks with us to get through the day-

They do have hammocks-

Parasailing & massages- not sure on the cost?

Trampoline- soooo much fun :D

Excellent service- never had an empty drink.....

Clean bathrooms

nice beach- beautiful water

was not over crowded either time I was there ( I think there were 2 ships in port both times)

VERY Relaxing

I am not sure about the lockers

BEST $29 I have ever spent- LOL

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Sherri

We have been to Playa Mia several times. That's the only thing we do when we go to Cozumel. Good pricing for their packages. We also don't get the food included, just drinks. Their drinks are very good. DH drank White Russians all day & I had scotch & water. If we get hungry we just get something at the restaurant. The beach is very nice. Lots of fun there. We have not been to Mr. Sanchos.

Archived