Is NCL Free Cruise Certificate Transferable?

amseco

I want to purchase one from a friend and i was wondering if they were transferable. (from Bingo Raffle)

And i'm also wondering if all certificates are the same.

2 ppl and X number of nights?

Thanks

On our cruise last sept we bought 5 certs and gave them to each of our kids. No problem transferring them to them. Oh you should remember that the cost was $250.00 but we got $100.00 on board credit. So the cost is really $150.00

It sounds to me like the two of you are talking about two different things. OP is asking about a "free cruise" certificate and second poster is talking about future cruise certificate that you purchase onboard. Second poster is correct in that the future cruise certificates are fully transferable but if someone won a certificate for a free cruise I would think you would need to contact NCL about that one. Just my opinion.

Kristy

Okay, thanks for the help! I'll call on Tuesday when they open.

But if anyone else has experience with this. Please post! :)

And do you guys also know that if all free cruise certs are the same? Meaning # of people and the stay. I heard that 2 people and 7 days to and from anywhere is the certificate for everyone.

The fact is the free cruise is a bit restricted. It is not good for any cruise. They offer a list every month for the cruises that can be selected. I would be shocked if you find they are transferable. Normally they cover the lowest price inside and the winner will still have to pay taxes and any upgrade costs.

I agree - for the "Bingo Raffle" win certificate call NCL to see if it is transferrable - My guess, is that it won't be, but you won't know until you call them.

I think this is correct. If these are the same as the raffles they sell before the shows, they are not transferrable. We asked on the last cruise.

Happy Cruising! :)

The fact is the free cruise is a bit restricted. It is not good for any cruise. They offer a list every month for the cruises that can be selected. I would be shocked if you find they are transferable. Normally they cover the lowest price inside and the winner will still have to pay taxes and any upgrade costs.

Oh, thanks for the info!

Is there any possible way to have a cruise departing from New York and during school vacation seasons? (usually ranges for $1000 for 7 days) My guess is not?

And is it always 2 person for a certificate?

Thanks.

Oh, thanks for the info!

Is there any possible way to have a cruise departing from New York and during school vacation seasons? (usually ranges for $1000 for 7 days) My guess is not?

And is it always 2 person for a certificate?

Thanks.

Yes they are a cruise for 2 but you can add others to the cabin at the much lower 3rd person fare. Not sure if they offered some weeks from NYC in the summer. That may be more difficult next year with the Spirit going to Boston and only one NCL ship in NYC. My friends used theirs in Europe in the summer.

We won one on our last cruise we are going to use it on our next cruise.You have to call the number on the cruise certificate to book your trip.You have 1 year to use it from the date it was issued.It has a maximum value of $1000.00

The certificate is non-transferable.

Yes they are a cruise for 2 but you can add others to the cabin at the much lower 3rd person fare. Not sure if they offered some weeks from NYC in the summer. That may be more difficult next year with the Spirit going to Boston and only one NCL ship in NYC. My friends used theirs in Europe in the summer.

Yeah, that's true.

Thanks for the info. Rates are going as high as $799 for 6 nights to Bermuda in NYC in the summer. Guess it'll be even higher when the dates get closer as only one ship is sailing.

We won one on our last cruise we are going to use it on our next cruise.You have to call the number on the cruise certificate to book your trip.You have 1 year to use it from the date it was issued.It has a maximum value of $1000.00

The certificate is non-transferable.

Thanks for the info.

At least we now know its not transferable :(

So, i guess it's attached to a latitudes number or something like that?

Archived