Triumph -11/9/08

toyisland8

Hi everyone,

Just found this message board, hope it is OK to ask a question. This will be our first Carnival Cruise, prior to this, we've cruised on HAL & NCL. We are travelling as part of a group for a 50th anniversary, but know that we want some time 'without the group' especially for meals. My question is about dining options; are there 'specialty' restaurants on board, or just the dining rooms? We loved the dining room on HAL, but not so much on NCL where we discovered that the extra $15-20 for the specialty restaurants was well worth the cost. Since we've not yet cruised Carnival style, I am hoping someone can tell me a little about the options, I couldn't seem to figure out if there were other choices when on the Carnival website. Also, we have never cruised with our children before (17, 8 & 6) The teen is very excited and is already planning to ditch us the minute he steps on board :rolleyes: but we are curious with he younger ones, if the dining room is suitable for kids - they are not trouble makers, but do tend to speak a little loud (even when reminded to use inside voices). Thanks for any insight, Happy crusing ...

I think we are on the same cruise as you with an 8, 4, and 9 month baby. This ship doesn't have specialty dinner restaurants but there is a deli, noodle and pizza. I think the kids will be fine in the dining room our kids have always done ok.. Also usually they put kids by kids. Have a great time maybe we'll run into each other..

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear there will be some other kids, I was afraid mine would be stuck with only each other :p My daughter is 8 and very excited, my 6 year old son is a crazy man, but very sweet, LOL I saw on the 'roll call' board that there is a little boy called 'Normanator' who is 6 also, his name made me smile, sounds like he'll get along well with Jake. My 17 yo I will likely never see, but he's worried there won't be any girls his age.... time will tell! Really starting to look frward to our cruise, hope to run into you on board! Take care, Kim

Archived